Archive for Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Police locate child missing in downtown Lawrence

July 13, 2011, 4:08 p.m. Updated July 13, 2011, 4:31 p.m.

Lawrence Police have located a child missing from the Community Building, 115 W. 11th Street, in Downtown Lawrence.

Police were searching South Park and areas around downtown.

He was located about 4:30 p.m.

Comments

Ray_Finkle 3 years, 5 months ago

Wearing a green WHAT??? I'm telling Mom.

CardHawkFan 3 years, 5 months ago

Unfortunately, I can't help. However, might want to rephrase what type of clothes the child was wearing.

amac 3 years, 5 months ago

seriously? a green "sh*t"? you won't even let me write the word in my comment. C'mon LJW you really need to beef up the proofreading!

mawils 3 years, 5 months ago

ljw you might wanna change what he's wearing to shirt not s hit.

Jonathan Kealing 3 years, 5 months ago

Sorry. Was trying to get word out pretty quickly and we didn't have time for normal editing. But it's fixed now.

Jeanne Cunningham 3 years, 5 months ago

Seriously. Is there NO spell-checker avaiable? I know that is how one word is spelled, but I think MOST spell-checkers would at least flag that?

Jeanne Cunningham 3 years, 5 months ago

I KNOW I misspelled available. There's NO spell-checker in this software, either...

jhawkinsf 3 years, 5 months ago

How old of a child is he. At 5'8" and 170 lbs., he's bigger than me.

Jonathan Kealing 3 years, 5 months ago

No word on age. We're still working on that. Wasn't immediately available.

monicataylor 3 years, 5 months ago

Every second counts when a child is missing. As a parent, it's so good to know how quickly the word can be spread. I immediately tweeted this information. Thanks, Jonathan!

frisbeenation 3 years, 5 months ago

You know, if we all just learned to spell, we wouldn't need spell-checking software.

AreUKiddingMe 3 years, 5 months ago

Wow... I can type this now because the child has been found and all is good, but COME ON PEOPLE!!!!! A kid was missing and all you guys could do was get on here and give this guy ....crap .. About a typo?!?!?!? REALLY???? He didnt miss spell it (he spelled it right, lol) IT WAS A TYPO, due to the fact that he was in a hurry TO HELP FIND A MISSING KID.
After this i am reasured that some people just have way to much time on thier hands or are just looking for things the b:tch about for the sake of b:tching ... You've got to be kidding me....

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

eye sea whut yuo did there . . . capitol I, two s's in reassured. And bitch is not necessarily a bad word that needs disguised to get it past the software . . .

ain't this fun?