Archive for Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Police locate child missing in downtown Lawrence

July 13, 2011, 4:08 p.m. Updated July 13, 2011, 4:31 p.m.

Lawrence Police have located a child missing from the Community Building, 115 W. 11th Street, in Downtown Lawrence.

Police were searching South Park and areas around downtown.

He was located about 4:30 p.m.

Comments

consumer1 2 years, 9 months ago

See what I mean? it doesn't matter what you say on here there are those who will criticize anything and everything.

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 9 months ago

You saw it here folks: LJW online..at it's best. XD Better,I can say this as 1) he's found. 2) from a comment it appears this is an older kid...

Oh, the razzing he's going to catch. Being not only missing, but now he was wearing green sh*it.

AreUKiddingMe 2 years, 9 months ago

Wow... I can type this now because the child has been found and all is good, but COME ON PEOPLE!!!!! A kid was missing and all you guys could do was get on here and give this guy ....crap .. About a typo?!?!?!? REALLY???? He didnt miss spell it (he spelled it right, lol) IT WAS A TYPO, due to the fact that he was in a hurry TO HELP FIND A MISSING KID.
After this i am reasured that some people just have way to much time on thier hands or are just looking for things the b:tch about for the sake of b:tching ... You've got to be kidding me....

Pywacket 2 years, 9 months ago

Shoot. Missed all the green sh*t excitement. And some people think nothing ever happens in Lawrence.

Seriously--I'm glad the young man was found so quickly and that he was okay. Good work, everyone who got the word out (however hastily!) and contributed to the success of the search.

oneeye_wilbur 2 years, 9 months ago

Police locate a child missing..... ??

What was the child missing?

frisbeenation 2 years, 9 months ago

You know, if we all just learned to spell, we wouldn't need spell-checking software.

monicataylor 2 years, 9 months ago

Every second counts when a child is missing. As a parent, it's so good to know how quickly the word can be spread. I immediately tweeted this information. Thanks, Jonathan!

Andini 2 years, 9 months ago

He was just found at the library. You heard it here first.

Jonathan Kealing 2 years, 9 months ago

No word on age. We're still working on that. Wasn't immediately available.

jhawkinsf 2 years, 9 months ago

How old of a child is he. At 5'8" and 170 lbs., he's bigger than me.

Jeanne Cunningham 2 years, 9 months ago

I KNOW I misspelled available. There's NO spell-checker in this software, either...

Jeanne Cunningham 2 years, 9 months ago

Seriously. Is there NO spell-checker avaiable? I know that is how one word is spelled, but I think MOST spell-checkers would at least flag that?

Jonathan Kealing 2 years, 9 months ago

Sorry. Was trying to get word out pretty quickly and we didn't have time for normal editing. But it's fixed now.

mawils 2 years, 9 months ago

ljw you might wanna change what he's wearing to shirt not s hit.

wendy09 2 years, 9 months ago

A green shirt. you mean not s.hit

amac 2 years, 9 months ago

seriously? a green "sh*t"? you won't even let me write the word in my comment. C'mon LJW you really need to beef up the proofreading!

CardHawkFan 2 years, 9 months ago

Unfortunately, I can't help. However, might want to rephrase what type of clothes the child was wearing.

Ray_Finkle 2 years, 9 months ago

Wearing a green WHAT??? I'm telling Mom.