From the Lawrence Daily Journal-World for July 10, 1971:
- A front-page photo showed the house formerly occupied by the David Wingert family. The house was one of many old Douglas County farmhouses that were to be either torn down or moved as land acquisition continued for the future Clinton Dam.
- The hassles of relocation and funding shortages had thrown some roadblocks in the way of Headquarters, but the organization was now back in business, counseling, referring, and sometimes just listening to anyone who called in to their switchboard. Headquarters had survived a move from their original home at 1546 Mass. to 1124 Miss. before a dwindling of funds had forced them to close in January. Hard work by the director and Headquarters volunteers had resulted in a successful fundraising drive which netted $9,250 for the organization, and on June 10 the organization moved into a modest seven-room frame house at 1632 Kentucky.