Archive for Thursday, July 7, 2011

Report: QB Brock Berglund back in Lawrence

July 7, 2011

Rivals.com reported Wednesday, via Twitter, that freshman quarterback Brock Berglund was back in Lawrence.

Berglund, the three-star prospect from Highlands Ranch, Colo., who graduated high school early, enrolled at KU last winter and spent the spring and summer traveling back-and-forth between Lawrence and Colorado, reported to campus on June 4 and was present at media guide picture day on June 15 but, thus far, has not participated in many of the voluntary workouts the rest of the team has gone through.

Comments

squawkhawk 2 years, 9 months ago

Too bad! Sounds like this kid is already a cancer to the FB team. I don't care how good he could be if he isolates himself from the rest of the team and acts like a prima donna.

Robert Rauktis 2 years, 9 months ago

Does Keegan talk as bad as he writes?

Maxand hasn't a gigantic run on sentence so I'd think not Keegan.

Jim Williamson 2 years, 9 months ago

"Bring back Chuck Woodling!!!"

You, my friend, are on crack.

rtwngr 2 years, 9 months ago

Based on most of the media reporting on any given subject these days, whether we are talking about politics, Casey Anthony, or Brock Berglund, I find it generally disingenuous. Reliable journalism seems to be something of the past. Talking heads and pundits are constantly in our collective faces pushing their agenda "du jours". Keegan is just another among the herd.

Maracas 2 years, 9 months ago

I won't believe it unless Keegan confirms it.

Maxandwillie 2 years, 9 months ago

I disagree with those of you who are critical of Keegan. Unlike these blogs where we get to say negative hurtful things anonymously he attaches his name to his opinions. Agree or disagree with him but to think that KU sports is anything but a business and that these young men are being hurt by his words seems a bit of a stretch to me.

Jay Hawk 2 years, 9 months ago

I understand the need for "objective commentary"' but more often than not Keegan's articles are destructive and hurtful, and not always on target as evidenced once again. He always wants to get involved in the coaching. He ruins young men's...18-21 year old men's lives publicly and ruthlessly.. Send Keegan to Missouri...

kujayhawk7476 2 years, 9 months ago

Please tell me when the Lawrence 'Urinal' World management is going to do their own hatchet job on Tom Keegan and send him down the river! I haven't liked the guy from the day he arrived to report on Kansas Athletics. Bring back Chuck Woodling!!!

hail2oldku 2 years, 9 months ago

Rivals must be wrong. This report is in direct conflict with Keegan's hatchet piece of less than a week ago, unless of course this is all part of his well formulated "exit strategy" and he is here to tell coach Gill what school he is transferring to so KU and "quietly announce his departure."

pigballin 2 years, 9 months ago

The guy is in shape.It doesn't take long.