Archive for Wednesday, July 6, 2011

3 Eudora residents linked to recent burglaries of vehicles and sheds

July 6, 2011

Douglas County prosecutors have charged three Eudora residents in connection with several recent burglaries of vehicles and sheds.

Sgt. Tom Willis, a Eudora police spokesman, said the three suspects were linked to 18 burglaries that occurred in the past week, and he said more could be reported.

According to court records, prosecutors have filed several charges in connection with the burglaries against David A. Thomas and Leah D. Thomas, both 29, and Joseph L. Klebenstein, 19.

Eudora police served search warrants and then arrested the suspects Sunday after receiving reports of several burglaries that had occurred the week before. Willis said several items totaling several thousand dollars were reported stolen, including hand tools and lawn equipment, such as weed eaters and air compressors.

Willis said in a majority of the burglaries, vehicles and buildings were left unlocked, but officers believed the suspects forced their way inside in some cases.

Comments

lionheart72661 4 years ago

Good, glad they caught the thieves! I had stuff stolen out of my yard too!

Sarah St. John 4 years ago

Any chance they might have been involved in some Lawrence burglaries of this type, or are they pretty sure it was Eudora only? We have had similar break-ins in our neighborhood.

somedude20 4 years ago

Like Adam Sandler says, I too have a piece of chit car but people still like to take stuff out of it. I will find you and when I do, I will make you sleep with Nancy Grace, you hoodlum!!

tomatogrower 4 years ago

Oh, come on, that would be cruel and unusual punishment.

57chevy 4 years ago

Clearly, a more efficient police force in Eudora than here in Lawrence where not a single officer is assigned to home burglaries (but the LPD budget includes money for an armored car with a machine gun mount?). Nevertheless, while Eudira got more dollar value from their police force, they have the same prosecutor. I bet a suspended sentence with restitution to the peolpe they can be proved to have robbed, but not a dime to all the other they robbed and it couldn't be proven. VOTE the bum out.

pace 4 years ago

they don't even make an official report on most small theft. I agree, I wish there was a focused effort to solve robbery and theft. A lot is stolen by a few. I also think if small time crooks were taken seriously, they might not graduate.

kscowboy79 4 years ago

I bet these are the three people I chased down the street a few weeks ago, after the broke in my vehicles, Glad that thier names are being released to the public. thats all I need to know now. Good Job Eudora P.D.

Ewok79 4 years ago

Smart mention revenge on these people on a public web site. That's just dumb.lol

Scott Morgan 4 years ago

I like all cops. Never had any reason to fear or rip them. Eudora is a well run small community. In this case though at least one of the perps is guilty of something 24-7.

Barney Fife could have solved this one.