Advertisement

Archive for Saturday, January 8, 2011

Louisiana Street apartments evacuated after furnace fire

January 8, 2011

Advertisement

An apartment building in the 2400 block of Louisiana Street was evacuated Saturday evening after a furnace fire filled the building with heavy smoke.

According to Douglas County emergency dispatchers, shortly before 9:30 p.m. a maintenance worker called in a furnace on fire at Malls Olde English Village apartments. Police and fire units responded to the call.

Less than 10 minutes after the fire was reported, it was out. Fire personnel worked to ventilate the building to eliminate some of the smoke.

Comments

jayhawkgirl3 3 years, 11 months ago

Does anyone know what building this was in? Some of the buildings are connected and I'm curious to know what part/building

bryanw 3 years, 11 months ago

There was no fire at Malls Olde English. An apt had a refrigerant line brake at the furnace causing a white looking smoke. The apt went ahead and installed a new furnace and coil to be safe. But NO fire in any of the buildings at Malls Olde English Village.

Thanks.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.