Archive for Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Former KU track athlete, Ottawa native, gets her first rose on ABC’s “The Bachelor”

Lisa Morrisey of Ottawa is a contestant on the 15th season of "The Bachelor."

Lisa Morrisey of Ottawa is a contestant on the 15th season of "The Bachelor."

January 4, 2011

Ottawa's Lisa Morrisey was a standout on KU's track team before getting picked for this round of "The Bachelor" on ABC. Morrisey made the cut during the first episode of "The Bachelor" on Monday night. The next episode airs Monday night.

Reader poll
Would you rather watch "The Bachelor" or "The Bachelorette?"

or See the results without voting

The 15th season of “The Bachelor” opened to the show’s second lowest ratings ever for a premiere, but folks in Lawrence have every reason to tune in to the season’s second episode: Lisa Morrisey.

The Ottawa native and former Kansas University track standout was one of 20 women to receive a rose from bachelor Brad Womack on the show, which appears at 7 p.m. on ABC.

Viewers didn’t get to see too much of “Lisa M.,” but enough to know that she happened to be wearing ruby shoes to display her Kansas roots. The show had auditions in Shawnee this summer.

To see all of the first “Bachelor” episode featuring head to ABC.com.

Comments

hbjayhawk 4 years, 4 months ago

Let's face it . . . former KU women on reality "marriage/dating/hook-up" shows are about as successful as our football team. We get a glimmer of hope from time to time, but it is usually just plain ugly (lots of charm, make-up, and talk, but little else).

Just look at the Women of KU calendar--need I say more.

Or, how embarrassing our girls are in the Big 12 issue of Girls of Playboy. That is only time I think Texas really deserves a National Championship. My goodness there is some tail in the longhorn state.

bad_dog 4 years, 4 months ago

While your comment is rather crass, given the population of Texas is about 8 times greater than Kansas, the likelyhood of a larger number of attractive women in Texas follows logically, IMHO.

I'm married to a native Kansas woman and damned proud of it.

hbjayhawk 4 years, 4 months ago

I'm fairly certain as a couple your mass is about 8x the size of Texas, relatively speaking.

HighScore 4 years, 4 months ago

It is strange that I remember this, but the winner of the original Bachelor season 1, Amanda Marsh, was from Chanute, Kansas.

I did business with a group from Chanute and they are very proud of her. I got the sense that they didn't have much to be proud of.

Bob Forer 4 years, 4 months ago

Its sad that folks watch that crap on TV. What meaningless lives they must lead.

bill_the_kat 4 years, 4 months ago

Bob Forer 4 years, 4 months ago

Kyle Reed 4 years, 4 months ago

LuLu4715 4 years, 4 months ago

Well you're reading and posting it.... nice job.

somedude20 4 years, 4 months ago

It's sad that folks read this crap on line. What meaningless lives they must lead

hbjayhawk 4 years, 4 months ago

missmagoo 4 years, 4 months ago

She is really pretty and a very nice girl. Don't fall for that guy.. he's a jerk!

drewnon 4 years, 4 months ago

I ran against her in xc back in the day. Always thought she was amazingly good looking.

Shardwurm 4 years, 4 months ago

My daughter ran against her in cross country in high school. Here's a photo of the All Area team from 2002. Lisa is on the left.

Back row (from left): Lisa Morrisey, Ottawa; Denise Orloff,
Baldwin; Courtney Edmonds, McLouth; Andrea Young, DeSoto. Front row
(from left): Erica Ogle, Baldwin; Laura Korb, Tonganoxie; Abby
Hofmeier, Baldwin.

Back row (from left): Lisa Morrisey, Ottawa; Denise Orloff, Baldwin; Courtney Edmonds, McLouth; Andrea Young, DeSoto. Front row (from left): Erica Ogle, Baldwin; Laura Korb, Tonganoxie; Abby Hofmeier, Baldwin.

miker 4 years, 4 months ago

The sign above a bridge as you come into Kansas : "Home Of Beautiful Women".... I've known a few & married the best !

somedude20 4 years, 4 months ago

She say's her love for me would never die But that'd change if she ever finds out about you and I oh - but her love is cold It wouldn't hurt her if she didn't know cause... When it gets to much - I need to feel your touch

I'm gonna run to you I'm gonna run to you cause when the feelin's right I'm gonna run all night I'm gonna run to you

She's gotta heart if gold she'd never let me down But you're the one that turns me on You keep me comin' round I know her love is true But it's so damn easy makin' love to you I got my mind made up - I need to feel your touch

ilovelucy 4 years, 4 months ago

The Bachelor and other reality shows in that vein are the biggest waste of time. I've never watched an episode and never plan to.

BruceWayne 4 years, 4 months ago

if this chick is all that why the need for a reality show to find a mate? lame.

Shardwurm 4 years, 4 months ago

I would say that finding a mate is the last thing on the minds of these people. There is minor fame and money to be made here by everyone on the show. Heck, they may even get lucky enough to get an agent of some kind interested in them.

But marriage is far down on the list IMO.

Judgesmails 4 years, 4 months ago

What a bunch of haters!

Who cares if she wants to be on a reality show?

Relax, nerds

rumor_man 4 years, 4 months ago

If this reality show doesn't work out for her, I'll marry her. She's definitely easy on the eyes.

ralphralph 4 years, 4 months ago

Caption says ...standout on KU's track team Photo shows ... the athlete running for the cross country team.

Picky, picky, picky, I know ... but there's a difference, and it's pretty obvious in the photo what sport she is running in.

jayhawkgirl3 4 years, 4 months ago

Most people that run cross country also are on the track team running long distances. She was on both.