• Kasold Drive is narrowed to one lane in each direction as work begins on the third phase of the reconstruction of Kasold between Clinton Parkway and 31st Street.
• From 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays, Indiana Street will have no parking and is closed to through traffic from Sixth Street to Eighth Street and Third Street to Sixth Street. Work is expected to be finished by the end of February.
• Douglas County Road 9 is closed between U.S. Highway 24-40 and Interstate 70. The road will be closed so crews can work on the bridge construction. It will remain closed until late spring.
• A section of East 1950 Road about one-third of a mile south of Douglas County Road 460 is closed for culvert replacement. The section will be closed for about two months.
U.S. Highway 59
• North 200 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. The road will be tied to the new frontage road that runs parallel to the new U.S. Highway 59. Work is scheduled to be completed in late 2012.
U.S. Highway 24-40
• Mud Creek Bridge along U.S. Highway 24-40, east of Lawrence Municipal Airport, remains limited to one lane of traffic as crews add pavement to the bridge deck. Expect delays, as traffic is governed by a temporary traffic signal. The project is expected to be completed in the spring.
On Wednesday, a bridge replacement project will begin on the 142nd Street bridge spanning the Kansas Turnpike in Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties. Starting at 9 a.m. Wednesday, the northbound and southbound lanes on 142nd Street will be closed between Kansas Avenue and Riverview Avenue. The stretch of road will remain closed for the duration of the project.
Daily lane closures could occur on the eastbound and westbound lanes of I-70 and the right shoulder of the road. The project should be complete in the late fall.
Kansas Highway 10
On Monday, the eastbound left lane will be closed at Evening Star Road for guardrail repair work between 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The work is scheduled to be finished that day.