Archive for Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Closings and cancellations for Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2011

February 9, 2011, 5:23 a.m. Updated February 9, 2011, 6:40 a.m.

Here is a list of closings and cancellations for Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2011:

• Baldwin USD #348
  • McLouth USD #342
  • Oskaloosa USD #341
  • Ottawa Christian Academy
  • Ottawa USD #290
  • Perry-Lecompton USD #343
  • Santa Fe Trail USD #434
  • Wellsville USD #289

If you have a closing or cancellation to report, email it to editor@ljworld.com.

Comments

Sheila Hooper White 3 years, 10 months ago

Why aren't these scrolling on channel 6? Just curious.

not_that_crazy 3 years, 10 months ago

Wow..i checked channel 6, too. Didn't realize all these schools were closed.

Christine Pennewell Davis 3 years, 10 months ago

wishing ours where closed but that is just because I did not want to get my sick butt out of bed and clear snow but done did kinda sorta.

kufan8808 3 years, 10 months ago

Alot of kids are going to be late today! I just dropped my sister off and it was VERY slow-going. Our road is not cleared off and is part of both city and school bus routes. I can only imagine what its like for the people living in rarely travelled neighborhoods with lots of hills. Also My grandma called to tell me she was on the highway between lawrence and tongy... multiple cars off the road.

Richard Payton 3 years, 10 months ago

Multiple cars off the road on K-10. Even a big rig had slid off which happened to be an Anderson Dairy truck.

sleepy33 3 years, 10 months ago

I-70 between Lawrence & Top City is crazy slick. Maybe the worst drive in I've had all year. I about spun out 3 or 4 times, and I have 4wd. Cars off the road everywhere, and a pickup spun out into the concrete barrier near the California exit in Topeka.

sleepy33 3 years, 10 months ago

Well, I was going 45 on the turnpike; much slower than that, and you risk causing other traffic problems as people come up behind you. Just ask those flying by me at 70+ mph. Truthfully, the highway looked just fine, but they must not have done the same pre-treatment that they've been doing, because although it was clear of snow, it was very slick. I really wish I'd just stayed home, but unfortunately once you're on the 'pike, you're pretty much just stuck until you get to Topeka.

winterweather 3 years, 10 months ago

Are they going to enforce the sidewalk clearing rule when the streets are not even cleared?

Christine Pennewell Davis 3 years, 10 months ago

Of course they are but bring it on did mine while feeling like crap. Hubby had to work somebody had to do it. Oh well that all the snow I want to play in so sick of all this white stuff.

dragonfly0221 3 years, 10 months ago

I have to admit this snow go around is much harder to drive in then the last two. Everyone be careful.

LawrenceMomof3 3 years, 10 months ago

Kept my kids home today, its pretty bad when you slide out of your driveway. Can only imagine what the roads were like.