Archive for Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rural Edgerton man accused of sex acts with two 5-year-old children

February 8, 2011

Douglas County prosecutors have filed seven charges against a rural Edgerton man, including two counts of child rape.

Prosecutors allege the 45-year-old man who lives in southeastern Douglas County committed the acts at his home against two 5-year-olds between June and November. Prosecutors allege he raped a 5-year-old child in two of the counts.

He’s also accused of fondling and exposing himself to the same child in two separate charges. In three other counts, prosecutors allege the suspect twice fondling another 5-year-old child and also exposed himself to that child.

The allegations were initially reported to Douglas County Sheriff’s investigators on Nov. 13, and after prosecutors reviewed information in the case a warrant was issued. The suspect was arrested at his home Saturday morning.

A judge Monday set his bond at $150,000 cash or surety, and the suspect has a hearing scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Feb. 22 in front of District Judge Peggy Kittel.

The Journal-World generally does not identify sex crime suspects unless they are convicted.

Comments

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 4 months ago

There's got to be a special hell for these monsters...if I didn't believe that, I couldn't believe in God.

Stuart Evans 4 years, 4 months ago

The fact that one of these "monsters" could commit the crime at all is proof enough that there is no god(s). What sort of monster in the sky would allow a grown man to torment a child, and do nothing to stop it, but then wait for human law to maybe intervene? Then maybe 40 years down the road, he'll decide to strike the villain down while he's crapping in a retirement village bedpan, and send him straight to the fiery hell he deserves. Yeah, that's a just god for sure. Let's also briefly touch on the general atrocities of man made war, natural disasters, and a myriad of diseases, all of which kill hundreds of thousands of people every single year. In this world, children die from hunger and disease at a rate of about 20,000 a day. A DAY! Pshh.. god(s), who needs them.

middlemgmt 4 years, 4 months ago

What is wrong with people? Our society is messed up when people get pleasure from sexual acts with children. It seems it's no longer rare to read of these arrests. On one hand, I'm glad we are catching the slime that do this, but on the other hand It shows how many perverts are living around our children.

kusp8 4 years, 4 months ago

I'd like to throw the switch on the chair myself, but then I realize even in prison there's a hierarchy and sickos like this are at the bottom. ........no pun intended

Beth Bird 4 years, 4 months ago

So this has been known since November at we are just now hearing of it? I hope he hasn't been around other children since then.....

Thats_messed_up 4 years, 4 months ago

BKRJMG 4 years, 4 months ago

AreUnorml... The questions and concerns you have about the existance of God are very normal but I believe if these are the things that keeping you from a relationship with God, I would highly suggest you go to a local pastor or church so they can answer and better help you understand everyday struggles in this world. I would like to say that I could help you better undertand but I do believe there are people that could answer some of your concerns better than I. God Bless!!

Stuart Evans 4 years, 4 months ago

That is hardly all I have that keeps me from "a relationship with God(s)" I prefer to use reason and logic in my daily life. That pretty much takes religion out of the picture for me.

nana 4 years, 4 months ago

AruUnorml.........God gives us the right to free will with an understanding that people can do what they like with consequences for those actions. It is up to us to live morally right and if we don't we have to answer to God. This man has no moral or conscious on his actions and will therefore have to pay for what he done. Your comment is one with no knowledge of the Word what so ever, but you are entitled to your own opinion. I also agree with BKRJMG, it would be wise to seek out an understanding of God's Law to better able to form better knowledge of the Word for your own understanding. It's something that you would have to read on to get that not from what someone tells you even if its coming from a pastor. Because sometimes even a pastor can be blind.

Stuart Evans 4 years, 4 months ago

I suggest that you read some Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, and throw in some comedic styling of George Carlin for good measure. Also I suggest movies such as Zeitgeist, and Religulous to get a firmer understanding of where the myth of god(s) comes from. enjoy.

by the way, I was brought up Methodist, going to Church every Sunday. sunday school, confirmation, boy scouts, all that. As I began to question things, and then read up on them (no not in the bible) but from outside sources. I learned so much, that the evidence against the existence of god(s) was overwhelming. getting all your facts from "the good book" or from clergy is not a realistic way to truly get to the bottom of the issue. It's like trying to read up on the health benefits of smoking by going to the Phillip Morris website.

BKRJMG 4 years, 4 months ago

Well I didnt want to get into that whole talk but yes I have read many books and even gone to classes about Dawkins and evolution because I think you really need to know both sides before making a realistic decision. There are so many flaws in the evolutionist theory, I found it to almost be a comedy for people to believe (and that was before I was a believer in Christ). There are so many facts proving evolution wrong and I find it funny how people come to make a decision that evolution was their answer.

Ex. Well were not sure what happend for about 10's of millions of years but we know the big bang happened... Great proof and backing for a theory. Sounds more like a proof of a miracle from God.

Ex 2. The chances that our air masses and matter have to be exactly perfect for living beings, like 1 in 250,000 chances. Sounds like that was predeteremined... AKA GOD

Ex 3. Evolution has no proof or evidence for how life originated... I would say God.

Ex 4. DNA -- Information always comes from intelligance. I would say the predeterminded intelligance of GOD.

With that said, Darwin's approach to evolution is weak and weak at best.

I believe in science and micro evolution but I believe putting into a wholelistic view of macro evolution is crazy. I would say look for the more indepth reasons that prove evolution wrong and not just what they put in books and newspapers. I am not here to proove evolution competely wrong but to show you that alot of it points to a predetermined intelligance of the one and only savior! I know in my heart what the truth is!

God Bless!

Stuart Evans 4 years, 4 months ago

You've gone to classes about Richard Dawkins? You sure it wasn't Charles Darwin? I applaud your talking points, they appear to be lifted right out of the creationists handbook.

Ex. 1. The universe is something like 13.5 - 14 billion years old. that's represented as14,000,000,000.. and you're concerned that we haven't YET figured out what happened during the first 10,000,000. Even though we've found most modern knowledge on the subject in just the last 100 years. So science hasn't determined exactly how the big bang emanated; give it time. You want to skip right over the idea that the entire universe could come from a singularity, but you have no problem jumping straight to the idea that it was created by something intelligent from nothing. where did the something intelligent come from?

Ex. 2. The Earth is but one planet among many, orbiting a single star among hundreds of billions of stars, in a single galaxy among hundreds of billions of galaxies. Our planet is where it is, and it goes round and round the star in an elliptical orbit that varies from 91.5 - 94.5 million miles from the sun. That's a variance of 3,000,000 miles. That is a huge "perfect spot". your 1:250,000 number was plucked from the sky like an invisible sky god..made up. You see, there are a wide variety of fauna and flora on this planet, and much of them live in areas that would not be considered habitable by humans. So was the planet created for micro bacteria to live near thermal vents on the ocean floor, or was it made just for humans in roughly 25% of the earth that is considered inhabitable? We (all plants and animal life) evolved on this planet to the conditions which were available. This change happened generation by generation over hundreds of millions of years, and in another hundred million years, you wouldn't recognize a single thing.

Ex. 3. Just because the very origin of life has not been solved, does not give any extra credibility to the notion of a sky god. it's like saying, well we sorta tried to figure it out, but nevermind, lets just call it god. what an easy way out of any difficult question...

Ex. 4. Information doesn't always come from intelligence. It does require intelligence to find order among the information and put it to use somehow. DNA is an amazing blueprint of all living things. and that just goes to show that we all originated from the same thing.

Darwin's theory is strong, and the consensus among scientists is that he was correct. 'On the Origin of Species' was written over 150 years ago, by a great deal of observation. It doesn't take any leap of faith to see that a frog is a frog is a frog, but they come in about 5,000 known species; that is evolution, based on climate & diet. Birds, beetles & apes, all come in a wide variety (including you and I) We're all evolving as a species with every single beginning of a new life.

Stuart Evans 4 years, 4 months ago

(cont.)

Believing that what you feel in your heart is delusional at best. Who wouldn't want to curl up inside their mind and ignore the realities and atrocities that go on around us? I'm sure your idea of heaven and hell are a very nice carrot & stick to keep you from partaking in a homicidal massacre, but I get my morality from societal evolution, not gods book on how to destroy mankind for not pleasing him.

BKRJMG 4 years, 4 months ago

Haha, my are arguments are from a creationist handbook, just as your arguments are straight from the evolutionist handbook. I am not here to argue but the truth is JESUS SAVES!!!!

Stuart Evans 4 years, 4 months ago

the difference.. evolution is a fact. religion is a scam. the cake is a lie.

seriouscat 4 years, 4 months ago

My heart is broken. I pray that the victims may find peace and love in their lives in spite of sucha cruel act being committed against them.

Kontum1972 4 years, 4 months ago

a long stay at the state pen will allow him to work out all his sexual needs.....since he will be newbie.....excuse me is that your bar of soap on the shower floor?