A person with knowledge of the deal tells the Associated Press the Baltimore Orioles and right-hander Justin Duchscherer have reached agreement on a one-year contract.
The deal is pending the completion of a physical, the person said Monday, speaking on condition of anonymity because the agreement is not yet final.
The 33-year-old Duchscherer is 33-25 with a 3.13 ERA over eight seasons with Texas and Oakland. he pitched in only five games in April last year before surgery on his left hip.
In other baseball signings:
• Pitcher R.A. Dickey has agreed to a $7.8 million, two-year contract with the New York Mets, and outfielder Angel Pagan has agreed to a $3.5 million, one-year deal.
• Right-hander Edinson Volquez and the Cincinnati Reds have agreed to a one-year contract worth $1,625,000.
• Reliever Rafael Betancourt has become the fifth non-free agent to get a multiyear contract from the Colorado Rockies this offseason. The right-hander, already was slated to make $3,775,000 this year, will earn $4 million in 2012 under a new contract agreed to with the Rockies.
• Infielder Greg Dobbs and right-hander Shawn Hill have signed minor-league contracts with the Florida Marlins.
• A person familiar with the negotiations tells the Associated Press that free agent pitcher Freddy Garcia and the New York Yankees have reached a deal on a minor league contract.
• The Seattle Mariners have signed right-handed pitcher Jamey Wright as a minor-league free agent and invited him to spring training.