Archive for Friday, December 16, 2011

Edwards Campus searched after woman reported missing

December 16, 2011, 7:51 p.m. Updated December 17, 2011, 5:39 p.m.

Aisha Khan was reported missing on Dec. 16, 2011.

Aisha Khan was reported missing on Dec. 16, 2011.

Overland Park Police searched Kansas University’s Edwards Campus Thursday afternoon after a woman’s family reported her missing. Aisha Khan, a 19-year-old Johnson County Community College student, was last seen in the area of Edwards Campus, 12600 Quivira Road in Overland Park.

Khan is described as 5-foot-2, 120 pounds with dark brown hair, brown eyes, and glasses, according to an Edwards Campus alert. As of Friday night, she was still missing. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the TIPS HOTLINE at 816-474-TIPS.

A Facebook page, Help Find Aisha Khan, has been created to help the search.

Comments

bearded_gnome 3 years ago

apparently not yet AD.

I sincerely hope they find her soon.

bearded_gnome 3 years ago

Wow. I just read the Facebook page Wall and comments.
they're doing all the right stuff there, including lots of fliers, a search of the campus area this afternoon, and talk of a reward. the Facebook page is well done, a lot of work went into it. I hope it all brings her back safely.

says she was just married in July. my heart grieves for her, her new husband, and her family/friends.

bearded_gnome 3 years ago

LJW!!! c'mon, how about a little more journalism on this story?

Lawrence and KU's main campus have so many ties to the Edwards campus and Johnson Co Community College communities! plus I bet the Islamic community of Lawrence would appreciate your coverage of this too!

here's a good example from Fox4's current coverage:

"OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — Overland Park police believe a 19-year-old college student was taken against her will from the KU Edwards Campus on Friday.

Aisha Kahn is a student at Johnson County Community College and takes some of her classes on the KU Edwards campus. Kahn’s sister, Faiza Kahn, said she dropped her sister off at 10 Friday morning so she could study for her 12 o’clock final exam.

“She said, ‘Just pick me up when I’m done with my finals,’” Faiza said.

But when Aisha did call, she left a frantic message.

“‘There’s a creepy guy that just came up to me, and he was just harassing me,’” Faiza said of her sister. “And she was just freaking out at that time. She didn’t know what to do. I guess she pushed him and she slapped him.”

After getting the message, Faiza and a cousin rushed to the place where they knew Aisha liked to study — at picnic tables tucked away on the lower level below the main entrance.

“Her bookbag was there, her iPod was there, her flash cards were there, her books — and her phone was just sitting on the table,” said Faiza.

But Aisha, who married in July, wasn’t.

..."

---very scarey! far worse than the sketchy details included in the LJW article above.

names might suggest that the missing girl is Pakistani.

bearded_gnome 3 years ago

yes it certainly is scarey Jesse.

I figured this was the least I could do from here.

her newly wed husband is likely beside himself with fear doubt and anxiety.

hope things are going well for you in Australia Jesse.

bearded_gnome 3 years ago

LJW: I don't see an update for this under "latest" on the ljw's start page.

I sincerely hope you will update this story today! something, anything!

their find aisha khan Facebook page has several pictures.

I hope that the apparently drunk dude who was bothering her at the time of her disappearance wasn't targetting her because of her faith!