Archive for Monday, December 12, 2011

No injuries reported in fire that closed Kasold at Oxford Court

December 12, 2011, 6:37 p.m. Updated December 12, 2011, 8:59 p.m.

A structure fire at 3404 Oxford Court caused severe damage and closed Kasold Drive in both directions on Monday evening.

No injuries were reported. Lawrence Douglas County Fire Medical Capt. Zane Morgan said two of the four residents were home at the time of the fire but were outside the home by the time crews arrived.

Investigators were still at the scene of the fire as of 9 p.m. Crews arrived at the scene at about 6 p.m.

Crews responded to a fire at 3404 Oxford Court on Monday, Dec. 11, 2011.

Crews responded to a fire at 3404 Oxford Court on Monday, Dec. 11, 2011.

Initial dispatch reports and neighbors at the scene said flames were visible when crews broke down the home's front door. Heavy smoke was visible.

Comments

rawpower 2 years, 8 months ago

Actually a nice, young family. Not students.

ForThePeople 2 years, 8 months ago

Yes it is a young family and such a horrible thing to have happen to them right before the holidays.

Jeff Plinsky 2 years, 8 months ago

Just drove through there, and Kasold is open now.

somebodynew 2 years, 8 months ago

I have a question and not trying to be smart ***: If 2 of the residents were home at the time of the fire, then why did the FD have to break down the front door??? Did they lock the door behind them?? Doesn't make any difference and I am glad everyone is OK, but just strange.

jackpot 2 years, 8 months ago

Maybe left by back door, front door was locked or fire made it unusable. I keep front door locked if fire starts I'm out of here any way I can.

phedges 2 years, 8 months ago

I'm one of the residents, they broke down the interior garage door. The fire was downstairs. Everyone is ok including our family cat professor Thomas Jefferson. My daughters did an excellent job evacuating the house and calling 911. Our neighbors were very helpful.

somebodynew 2 years, 8 months ago

Glad everyone is OK (including the cat) !! That is the main thing. And thanks for the info. If there is a way to assist you and your family, I hope it will be in the paper so that we, the community, can do what we can.