Archive for Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Man arrested after allegedly threatening Tonganoxie High School principal

December 6, 2011

A 51-year-old rural Tonganoxie man was arrested Monday following an incident in which he allegedly threatened Tonganoxie High School Principal Jamie Carlisle at the school. The incident happened about 10 a.m. Monday, according to Leavenworth County sheriff’s reports.

A Tonganoxie school resource officer with the sheriff’s office arrested the man, who had come to the school to address issues of bullying against his daughter, reports said.

The man allegedly kicked open the door to Carlisle’s office, and when Carlisle indicated he was going to contact the authorities, the man said, “I may not take care of it here but by God I will take care of it somewhere,” the report said. The man was arrested for criminal threats to the principal and taken to Leavenworth County Jail.

Comments

imastinker 3 years, 4 months ago

WOW...I wonder what the other side of this story is!

DRsmith 3 years, 4 months ago

Good luck with that. Pretty vague "threat" there.

Tongie_soccer 3 years, 4 months ago

Have to say first that NO CHILD should ever have to face bullying, but....it never improves the situation when parents act this way. There are appropriate ways to address a school bullying issue and it certainly is not by becoming a bully yourself. I have know Mr. Carlisle since he came ot the district - I have always felt he was a fair person who truely cares about every single student in his building. The school resource officer is also a caring and responsive person. I hope that every step is being taken to stop the bullying if it is occuring but also worry that in this overly PC, self-entitled world sometimes "bullying" is thrown around when what it really is "I didn't get my way so I'm going to say you're being mean and bullying me". Whichever the case I hope it can be setteled like ADULTS with no more of this stupidity.

ezbreezy 3 years, 4 months ago

I don't care if Mr. Carlisle is "NICE" what we need is punishment for bullying! I can totally understand the father, kids these days bully until someone gets hurts or dies. I would fight for my children. I hope Mr. Carlisle does something about bullying in his school, ANYTHING!

Steve Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

Lets hear the entire story, both sides. Maybe the guy had tried other avenues, but failed, maybe he was cornered to believing that this was the only way. We all know that , even in the work place, that things like this get swept under the rug until something like this happens, then every one is on board. I would be interested in seeing some follow up reporting on this issue, because at this point the press has all of us believing this guy is a nut . Lets hear about the real "under current".

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 3 years, 4 months ago

"arrested the man, who had come to the school to address issues of bullying against his daughter,"

Does that mean his daughter is the bully, or the bullied?

Steve Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

Maybe the bully was a kid of a school board member or the sheriffs kid and he wouldn't act on it. Bozo, pull your head out it aint hard , the daughter was being bullied Duh ...

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 3 years, 4 months ago

Relax, dudedog12, the meaning of the sentence was unclear, and I was merely asking for clarification.

Jeremiah Jefferson 3 years, 4 months ago

I used to get bullied when I was in school. That was untill I started to hit back. After that I never got bullied again

pace 3 years, 4 months ago

I remember a kid who got bullied in my son's school. He was beaten, tormented, stalked, and killed himself. That stopped the bullies until they found a new victim. Just kids.

introversion 3 years, 4 months ago

I'm not advocating for the kicking in of doors, but firstly the level of bullying has not been made clear through the press, secondly the topic of bullying should be an especially familiar topic to this district in light of this well publicized lawsuit, ( http://www.kcra.com/r/4843720/detail.html ) and thirdly, while I too am a fan of Principal Carlisle; this story makes it sound as though he was locked inside his own office during "business hours" and not answering the door. That seems strange for a high-profile individual such as a high school principal.

Steve Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

It makes no difference what the level of bullying was or is. Bulling nowdays is like the "B" word at an airport. You don't just say it for fun. If it's happening at any level , it's not acceptable. So wheither or not your an avid fan of the principal has nothing to do with the fact of the matter. If it's there, snuff it in the bud or step down. In todays society there is no place for this type of behavior at any leve.

Steve Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

Good point intro, this district does have a repution of bullying based on the article you just pointed out.

pace 3 years, 4 months ago

My bet is there really is more to the story than presented. How many times has the man visited? How long did he wait outside that door?

bad_dog 3 years, 4 months ago

"At the time of the arrest, he also was arrested on an outstanding warrant for contempt of court."

Makes one wonder if there is a recurrent theme of problems with authority figures. It would be interesting to know whether the contempt was direct or indirect.

Morganna 3 years, 4 months ago

There is bullying in every school and if you, as a student report it , you have to have proof of bullying more that one person - this is according to my daughters school. If only one student is being bullied - according to the school - nothing will be done.

Steve Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

This is what smells, it's not right. It stinks to hear this,

Steve Miller 3 years, 4 months ago

So as long as they can pin it down to only one, the authorities get a free ticket in not doing anything about it . Bull butter,

puddleglum 3 years, 4 months ago

I AM advocating for kicking in doors. this guy is a hero. He is another 99%er who is sick of putting up with bureaucracy.

maybe the 1% will never wake up in time, but they will get what they deserve

jhawkinsf 3 years, 4 months ago

I remember a "special ed." kid being bullied on the school bus. I said nothing. Five decades later, it's still one of the things I'm least proud of.