Archive for Friday, December 2, 2011

Domino’s Pizza driver in Wichita fires at would-be robber

December 2, 2011

— Wichita police are investigating a report of a pizza delivery driver firing shots at someone he claims tried to rob him.

KAKE-TV reports the Domino's delivery driver arrived at an apartment just before 10 p.m. Wednesday, but no one answered the door. The driver told authorities he went to his car to get a gun because he was worried about his safety.

Police say a man approached the driver from behind and tried to rob him as the driver opened the trunk of his car.

The driver told police he turned around with a gun in his hand, and the suspect ran away as the driver fired two shots at him.

Police say the driver was interviewed at the scene and released.

Comments

consumer1 3 years ago

At a boy!! except for stray bullets flying everywhere. Next time don't miss.

supersonicf111 3 years ago

I’m sure the adrenalin high, probably had adverse effects on his aim. Probably shouldn’t have fire more than one shot, or maybe he missed on purpose.

brutus 3 years ago

Atta boy for pulling the gun. Dumbass for firing at someone fleeing.

Eride 3 years ago

He is lucky those two bullets didn't hit the would be robber or anyone else that night. What an idiot.

ignatius_j_reilly 3 years ago

How would it look if cops came up to you, and you had just shot a man who was running away from you?

supersonicf111 3 years ago

Hard to claim self-defense if you shoot someone in the back!

Stuart Evans 3 years ago

even if you're on your own property and shoot an intruder in the back, you're going to jail. the premise is that you were no longer under threat, if the suspect is fleeing.

rockchalker52 3 years ago

"I'd like a pizza to go, hold the anchovies." "You've got the wrong man. I spell my name 'Danger'"

ljwhirled 3 years ago

The robber was't on his property and was retreating without taking any property.

If he had hit him, it would have been murder in the second degree.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

His right to self defense with a gun ended when the perp ran away. Book him Danno!

RoeDapple 3 years ago

No "lib" here! If he had shot the alleged robber in a struggle where he thought his life was in danger I would think shooting him is justified. I do keep up on laws regarding self protection though. Shoot a fleeing person, you committed a crime.

pace 3 years ago

Good, the guy understood his danger, and I am glad the robber ran. I am glad no one got shot, but I would rather the robbers had cause to pause than working and innocent people got beaten, killed or robbed while they worked. went about their business. I agree, no need to shoot at someone's back, but there is need to stand up for your own safety. Know your gun and practice safe gun storage and use. I do think it was lucky they didn't rob his car. Gun was probably worth more than the guy carried in cash.

Bob Forer 3 years ago

Two dumb moves. 1) Firing at a fleeing culprit. 2) Sticking around for the police.