Archive for Monday, August 29, 2011

No injuries after small fire in southwest Lawrence apartment

August 29, 2011


Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical emergency workers responded to a small apartment fire in the 2100 block of West 26th Street around 5:30 p.m. Monday.

According to Division Chief Joe Hoelscher, the fire was contained to the top of a stove and cabinet directly above the stove in an apartment unit on the upper level of the two-story complex.

While nobody required medical attention, Hoelscher was unsure whether the fire would displace anyone for the night. His department suggested the occupants not stay there but the residents were still undecided on what they would do as crews were leaving.


LawrenceRez 6 years, 7 months ago

They found the guy dead a few hours later... They had CSI there...

Stuart Evans 6 years, 7 months ago

I wondered what happened. he was standin out there smoking a cig. during the fire; looking like he didn't give a damn.

LawrenceRez 6 years, 7 months ago

I'm not sure, but they will figure it out I'm sure...

gracecountry62 6 years, 7 months ago

they revived him but then lost him on the way to ER, I was told he OD on some kind of substance.

imnoangel325 6 years, 7 months ago

He did not OD on any kind of substance. Get your facts straight before you start posting online about things you have no idea about. I am his Aunt and I was there. Kindly keep your remarks to yourself unless you know the facts or are a member of his family.

noneyourbusiness 6 years, 7 months ago

Thats right befor you start talking trash you all need to get the facts. And not assume!!!! Just like some nosey neighbors running their mouth when they have no clue what went on.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.