• Resurfacing project on Route 1061 from the Franklin County line to North 1200 Road. Traffic will be restricted to one lane and will be controlled through the work area. Completion: Nov. 4.
• Water main rehabilitation on Kentucky, Ninth, 18th, 13th and Tennessee streets. Parking and a travel lane on Kentucky will be closed, as will parking and travel lanes on Tennessee. Single-lane traffic will still run through the areas.
• Phase two of annual street maintenance project on Sixth Street from Massachusetts to Iowa streets. Completion: mid-August.
• Repairs to concrete curbs and street pavement from Sixth to North Park streets and from Vermont to New Hampshire streets. Parking limitations and some single-lane traffic. Completion: mid-August.
• Add a center turn lane on Sixth Street between Folks Road and Monterey Way. Second phase construction will widen Sixth Street on the south side, eastbound lanes. Two lanes of traffic in the westbound lanes and one lane of eastbound traffic will be open. Completion: late August.
• Single-lane traffic both ways on Kasold Drive between Clinton Parkway and 31st Street for rebuilding of road. Access from side streets is right-turn only. Completion: late November.
• Add center turn lane on Kasold Drive from 23rd to 31st streets. Southbound traffic will use the lane already being used, and northbound traffic will switch to new pavement. Completion: late fall.
• Kansas River levee closed (for construction of Bowersock Mills & Power Co.’s new plant) on the north bank, so users will be detoured to city streets crossing at the controlled intersection of North Second and Locust streets. Completion: late 2012.
• Second phase of overlay and crack-sealing projects could mean temporary single-lane closures. For a map of the overlay projects, visit lawrenceks.org.
• Kansas River Bridge resurfacing project. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction on U.S. 40/59. Completion: late October.
•l North 1000 Road closed between U.S. Highway 59 and East 1200 Road beginning Wednesday as part of reconstruction and widening of North 1000 Road on the west side of a new U.S. 59 interchange. Local access for residents of area available. No marked detour available for other drivers, who must use alternate routes. Completion: early September.
U.S. Highway 59
• Northbound lanes over the Wakarusa River bridge will be reduced to one lane during repair and resurfacing project. Completion: late October.
• North 200 Road closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. Completion: late 2012.
Interstate 70/Kansas Turnpike
• Pavement repair will close varying lanes from the Adams Interchange to the Kansas Turnpike Authority Toll Booth in Shawnee County. Completion: early September.
• Project maintenance will close westbound Interstate 470 to westbound I-70 bridge in Shawnee County for repair work. A marked detour will be provided. Completion: mid-October.
• Reconstruction of three miles just east of Lawrence. One-lane traffic each direction between mile markers 208 and 211. Access to the Lawrence Service Area will remain open. Expect delays during rush hour. Completion: November.
• Replacement of 142nd Street bridge in Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties. Both lanes of 142nd Street closed between Kansas and Riverview avenues. Daily lane closures could occur on I-70 and the right shoulder. Completion: late fall.
• Pavement repair from 87th Street to Midland Drive and on the Holiday Drive interchange ramps in Johnson County. Lane closures from 7 p.m. through noon Monday through Friday and from 7 p.m. until 1 p.m. on the weekend. Completion: late October.