Having run out of variations on the word “hoarding,” TLC offers “My Collection Obsession” (9 p.m., TLC). To be honest, these folks are a tad more focused than the hoarder crowd. Darlene likes shoes. So why not collect 15,000? The oddest thing about Kyle’s 10-year-old obsession with vacuum cleaners is that he’s only 16 years old. Harrell and Patrick are lucky to have a three-story house to share. It’s filled to the brim with Dolly Parton collectibles. You get the picture. Enter at your own risk.
• A real-life thriller, “The Liquid Bomb Plot” (7 p.m., National Geographic) recalls the 2006 conspiracy of upward of 18 terrorists to blow up 10 airliners using soda bottles injected with a mixture of hydrogen peroxide. “Plot” recalls the multinational effort to track and entrap the plotters, who seemed on the verge of the most deadly and spectacular terror event since 9/11.
It turned out to be the largest surveillance operation in the history of the U.K., involving more than 200 agents and high-level coordination with U.S. intelligence. Interviews include folks at the highest levels of security, including former CIA Director Gen. Michael Hayden and former Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, who share information about the operation, except, of course, when they can’t.
Tonight’s other highlights
• Scheduled on “60 Minutes” (6 p.m., CBS): an indicted NSA whistle-blower, rescued Chilean miners, an interview with New York’s Archbishop Timothy Dolan.
• The Dallas Cowboys host the San Diego Chargers in NFL preseason football (7 p.m., NBC).
• A two-hour “20/20” (8 p.m., ABC) examines letters from two mothers written just prior to their deaths.
• Sookie recovers from another near-fatal incident on “True Blood” (8 p.m., HBO).
• A convicted killer’s controversial song inspires a lawsuit on “The Good Wife” (9 p.m., CBS).
• A grim discovery on “Breaking Bad” (9 p.m., AMC).
• Murder evidence points to a love triangle on “The Glades” (9 p.m., A&E).
• Larry finds a rival in Rosie O’Donnell on “Curb Your Enthusiasm” (9 p.m., HBO).
• Drama wants to make a casting change on “Entourage” (9:30 p.m., HBO).
• Director Stephen C. Mitchell profiles the band Kings of Leon in the 2011 documentary “Talihina Sky” (9 p.m., Showtime).
‘‘Big Brother” (7 p.m., CBS) ... Homer’s therapy unleashes Bart’s inner bully on “The Simpsons” (7 p.m., Fox) ... Generosity rewarded on “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” (7 p.m., ABC) ... Jealousy on “The Cleveland Show” (7:30 p.m., Fox).
Puppetry on “Family Guy” (8 p.m., Fox) ... Sketch comedy on “In the Flow With Affion Crockett” (8:30 p.m., Fox).