Archive for Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Overland Park woman hurt in one-vehicle crash Tuesday night on K-10

August 17, 2011

A 27-year-old Overland Park woman was injured Tuesday night after she was ejected from a vehicle near De Soto on Kansas Highway 10, a Johnson County Sheriff’s spokesman said.

Pamela Sherrell who was headed west at 9 p.m. near the Kill Creek Road exit drifted off the highway onto the outside shoulder, when she over-corrected and lost control of her vehicle, Master Deputy Tom Erickson said. The vehicle went into the median and struck a guardrail.

Erickson said Sherrell was then thrown from the vehicle. First responders found her at the scene underneath the vehicle, but her injuries were not believed to be life-threatening, he said.

She was taken to an area hospital by ground ambulance. Sheriff’s officers are still investigating the cause of the crash, Erickson said Wednesday morning. No other vehicle were involved.

Comments

stuckinthemiddle 3 years, 4 months ago

oh my... it sounds like she was very lucky...

I'm very happy for her...

Bob Forer 3 years, 4 months ago

yes, she is very lucky. If the impact of the ejection doesn't kill, the car rolling on top of the occupant usually finishes the job. She should count her blessings.

Ewok79 3 years, 4 months ago

Damm you smart phones, you should be able to transmit my thoughts in text messages...........But I'm sure Apple is already testing this kinda technology. LOL

John Hamm 3 years, 4 months ago

I'll tend to go with the story not assume cell phone usage. She "overcorrected" after drifting off highway. That's the cause of a lot of wrecks out there - people don't have the common sense to just ride the shoulder and reenter easily. Comes from not thinking about driving.

JerryStubbs 3 years, 4 months ago

According to the story, she was on the outside shoulder ( right lane) then over corrected and ended up in the median ( left of the left lane).

They don't say how bad she was hurt. It's too bad a person could do this for a number of reasons, fatigue, for example. I don't guess there is anybody else to blame, either, but still it's too bad.

Sometimes they have more info later, this story doesn't really say it all.

JerryStubbs 3 years, 4 months ago

One time one of my dogs had diarrhea( fortunately in a cage) while I was driving down the highway.

This friend of mine was riding with me had a rather strong reaction. I was able to handle it, but it did smell pretty bad. I'm sure people have run off the road for less.

I've seen people freak out and swerve from something like a possum on the road. They can look pretty mean when you suddenly light one up in your headlights.

jesse499 3 years, 4 months ago

Both your not to be in the left lane unless your passing than your to pass and get back in the right lane not set out there.