Advertisement

Archive for Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lawrence man accused of making threat with gun in downtown Lawrence early Thursday

August 11, 2011

Advertisement

Douglas County prosecutors have charged a 32-year-old Lawrence man with threatening another man with a gun during an incident early Thursday downtown.

Prosecutors filed charges of aggravated assault, making a criminal threat and two counts of disorderly conduct against Taylor L. Roberts. He’s accused of threatening a 30-year-old Los Angeles man at 1 a.m. in the 900 block of Massachusetts Street.

Sgt. Matt Sarna, a Lawrence police spokesman, said the Los Angeles man told officers he was walking in the area with two women and alleged Roberts displayed a handgun and threatened him.

According to the police report, no one was injured, and officers suspected Roberts had been drinking alcohol before the incident.

A judge set bond for Roberts at $10,000, and he is next due in court Monday.

Comments

GUMnNUTS 3 years, 4 months ago

Hard to believe someone was drinking and being stupid downtown at 1A.M.

dogsandcats 3 years, 4 months ago

"...the Los Angeles man told officers he was walking in the area with two women ..."

You go, dude.

sanerw 3 years, 4 months ago

Another incident where a drunk does something stupid and an innocent by-stander's life is changed forever. When are people going to be held accountable for their actions, whether they are sober or under the influence. For the people who can just make light of this story or other stories where a drunk person breaks the law, just remember how this victim felt when something like this ever happens to you. I surmise it won't be such a big joke then.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.