Archive for Friday, April 15, 2011

Man charged with DUI, child endangerment

April 15, 2011

A 60-year-old Chicago resident was charged Friday with driving under the influence of alcohol and endangering a child.

Lawrence police were called to the parking lot of the 23rd Street Brewery, 3512 Clinton Parkway, on April 1 to investigate a possible drunken driver in the parking lot.

Police said they found Cornell H. Fleischer, the defendant, in a vehicle with a small child, later determined to be related to Fleischer.

Fleischer was arrested on the charges, which are both misdemeanors.

Comments

Randall Barnes 4 years, 1 month ago

keep up the awesome blogs.... what is a thoughtless blog ? i thought that a blog was a thought ? maby sad-lawreccian can help me out.

sad_lawrencian 4 years, 1 month ago

Why is Pywacket still allowed to post comments on here? I've routinely found her comments to be insulting and fairly thoughtless.

BigPrune 4 years, 1 month ago

The police should park outside of bars frequented by families with alcoholic parents, for example like Set-em Up Jacks or the Bourgeois Pig. When the drunk parents are carrying out their kid(s) to their car, the cops could nab them for a dui.

jafs 4 years, 1 month ago

Actually, I think that's not true at all.

Entrapment refers to police officers luring people into doing illegal things that they might not otherwise have done.

The above scenario wouldn't fit that description.

sad_lawrencian 4 years, 1 month ago

The man in the story has not been convicted; I personally prefer to withhold opinions until after the fact. People still deserve to be treated humanely, even if they are reckless and irresponsible. I've found Pywacket's comments, over time, to be somewhat crude and boorish. Not a lot of thought put into the statement before it gets posted. I see her showing up and doing this on so many LJW articles. I thought it was time to say something about it.

sad_lawrencian 4 years, 1 month ago

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Just because Pywacket doesn't agree with (most of) my opinions, all the sudden I'm a "hooligan" from the "wrong side of the tracks"? I can't recall ever calling you any names (other than ("Pywacket"). It's unfortunate you have nothing better to do with your time than to post 5,000 (plus) comments on this website.

emceelean 4 years, 1 month ago

I think you got it twisted, mate.

She's the "one sarcastic, wrong-side-of-the-tracks hooligan" and you are among the "fine, upstanding, society stalwarts who usually post on these threads."