Archive for Friday, April 8, 2011

Streaming video of newly hatched eagle family fun to watch

April 8, 2011

Here’s a warm, fuzzy way to start off the weekend: living streaming video of two eagles and their babies in Decorah, Iowa.

The ultimate in couch potato bird-watching, a camera aimed right at the nest bears witness as the parents take turns watching the eaglets and gathering food. Since April 1, three eggs have hatched.

The video is provided by Raptor Resource Project, a nonprofit organization dedicated to restoring the Midwest’s population of Peregrine falcons and other raptors.

USTREAM video

Eagle Nest Cam

Video chat rooms at Ustream

Comments

Joe Hyde 3 years, 8 months ago

I greatly appreciate that this bald eagle nest cam live feed was offered by the on-line Journal-World. It's a ball to watch, and hear. Thank you!

thepianoman 3 years, 8 months ago

Yes, it is just fascinating to observe these this bald eagle family. I find myself watching for long periods of time. I have to pry myself away at times!

It's really interesting to watch what the parents bring back to the nest!

tomatogrower 3 years, 8 months ago

Just watched them being fed. Too awesome!!!

KS 3 years, 8 months ago

This is truly amazing. A really windy day and mama is protecting her young so they won't get blown out of the nest. Any idea how long they will stay here? I agree, AWESOME!

OasisOfThePlains 3 years, 8 months ago

Gotta love the dedication of the parent animals in nature. I don't know what the weather is in Iowa, but it looks pretty chilly with that wind!

PikesPeakJhawk 3 years, 8 months ago

I wish my parents would have shown that much dedication to me...maybe I would have turned out better if they had,,,,no, probably not. (lucky birds!)

PikesPeakJhawk 3 years, 8 months ago