Viewers still buzzing about last Thursday’s “Taxidermy USA” on Discovery can rejoice. History ups the stuffing-dead-thing ante with “Mounted in Alaska” (9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., History). So, not content to allow a taxidermy gap arise between itself and the competition, History throws in an Alaskan location! Nicely done. I guess “Stuffed and Mounted on The Jersey Shore” just didn’t reach the right demographic. Can “The Real Housewives of Taxidermists” be far behind?
• Speaking of once-living creatures preserved by artificial means, “The Real Housewives of New York” (9 p.m., Bravo) returns for a fourth season. Women who never seem to think or read behave like they never left high school — or perhaps junior high school. This season welcomes a new character with the improbable name of Cindy Barshop, owner of a business called Completely Bare Spas.
• Viewers interested in women who actually have to work for a living might enjoy the new season opener of “Police Women of Broward County” (8 p.m., TLC) followed by its spin-off show “Unleashed: K-9 Broward County” (9 p.m.), a “Cops”-inspired reality drama following police assisted by (wo)man’s best friend while in pursuit of drug dealers, violent perps and (no joke) cat burglars.
• Just when you thought “reality” couldn’t sink to sadder depths, “Gigolos” (10 p.m., Showtime) lowers the bar. The half-hour series follows the professional activities of five male escorts in Las Vegas — where else? It also interviews their “clients” who appear to have forgotten that the “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas” guarantee tends to be voided when it happens with cameras rolling.
For all of their weightlifting and odd camaraderie, the five dim himbos seem decidedly depressed about their line of work. “Gigolos” leaves little to the imagination and left this viewer convinced that Showtime was out to further blur the line between “adult” premium cable and plain old pornography.
Tonight’s other highlights
• A contestant goes home on “American Idol” (7 p.m., Fox).
• An investigation of a wildcat mauling leads to an encounter with Lady Heather on “CSI” (8 p.m., CBS).
• Todd comes in from the cold on “The Office” (8 p.m., NBC).
• Amputated feet wash ashore on “Bones” (8 p.m., Fox).
• The old Fox series “Terminator: The Sarah Connors Chronicles” (8 p.m. and 9 p.m., Syfy) begins its repeat run on cable.
• “Lisaraye: The Real McCoy” (8 p.m., TV One) returns for a second season.
• Expedition Week continues with “Into Iceland’s Volcano” (8 p.m., National Geographic) followed by “Man Vs. Volcano” (9 p.m.).
• A trip to the big city on “Parks and Recreation” (8:30 p.m., NBC).
• Online dating can be murder on “The Mentalist” (9 p.m., CBS).
• With Tracy gone, Angie asserts herself on “30 Rock” (9 p.m., NBC).
• “Randy Jackson Presents America’s Best Dance Crew” (9 p.m., MTV) returns.