Archive for Friday, September 17, 2010

Fort Leavenworth hosting ethics forum with Command and General Staff College Foundation

September 17, 2010

— Army leaders and the Command and General Staff College Foundation are gearing up for the second annual symposium on military ethics this fall.

The event will be held Nov. 15-17 at Fort Leavenworth, home of the Command and General Staff College, and is co-sponsored by Wichita-based Flint Hills Resources.

This year's topic is "Exploring the Professional Military Ethic." It will include exploration of corporate ethical issues as a means to compare, contrast and learn from each area.

The General Staff College Foundation is a nonprofit organization that supports the education and training of military officers studying at the school located in northeast Kansas.

Comments

Paul R Getto 4 years, 8 months ago

Sounds like an excellent idea. Our warriors are brave, skilled and involved in new attempts at nation-building and insurgency oppression that are unprecedented. We are learning new ways to fight. Now, if we can just send them to fight in the 'right' places.

ShePrecedes 4 years, 8 months ago

I am a warrior and I am not in the armed forces. I am brave and I am not in the armed forces. I am skilled and I am not in the armed forces. And I didn't illegallly invade a country across the sea, so I am far more honorable.

The armed forces are not a leg up on me. Or anyone else. They volunteered to do something in exchange for money. We all do that.

They will have my respect when they actually defend this country and our own soil.

Good luck, recruiters. I am not alone in this sentiment. The majority feel the same way I do.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 8 months ago

"The majority feel the same way I do." Bet not upon that.

hipper_than_hip 4 years, 8 months ago

She hates the military because they have guts and she doesn't. Sucks to be reminded that you're a weak failure everytime you see someone in uniform doesn't it?

Brandon Devlin 4 years, 8 months ago

"They volunteered to do something in exchange for money." Ah yes, the vast majority of our Armed Forces are making out like bandits, aren't they?

I love that it's the military that is charged with protecting the rights of crackpots to make comments like what ShePrecedes is spewing. . .

John Kyle 4 years, 8 months ago

I agree that the politicians got us into this but the military utterly failed in not securing the ammunition depots across Iraq. This should have been priority one since this was a war about weapons. Tens of thousands of American soldiers have been killed and injured by IEDs made from the very weapons we should have secured.

ps This response in no way means that I agree with SP

Brandon Devlin 4 years, 8 months ago

Wow. . .Masters of War. I didn't realize Bob Dylan was frequenting this forum, but okay. . .

1. Stock answer. . .you bet, right from the mouth of one of them who protected that freedom for you. You're welcome.

2. Both of my Grandfathers served, two of my Uncles served, my Dad served 23 years, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that I SERVED, and saw first-hand the heroism and dedication of our servicemen and women.

3. Yes, I will attack, every chance I get.

You, madame, are silly and ridiculous.