Archive for Monday, September 6, 2010

Lawrence man arrested after threatening family with gun

September 6, 2010

A 62-year-old Lawrence man was arrested Sunday evening after threatening family members with a firearm.

According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Randy Roberts, police were dispatched to a domestic disturbance call about 9 p.m. in the 2200 block of Harper Street. Roberts said the family was eating dinner when an argument broke out. The man struck two family members and proceeded to threaten the six in the home with a firearm.

Police were able to take the man into custody without incident. No one was injured during the altercation.

The man was booked into the Douglas County Jail on six counts of aggravated assault and two counts of domestic battery.

Comments

Christine Anderson 3 years, 7 months ago

Cait48, you're right. The law binds us in unbelievable situations. Regarding this man who was arrested-I think I hear a cuckoo clock!!!

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 7 months ago

Well we DO have concealed carry. My ex husband owns an entire collection of guns. He has threatened my life to my children at least a hundred times over the course of the last ten years. And yet there isn't anything I can do about it. None of the statements were ever made to me or in my hearing. Therefore despite the fact that this whack job has enough fire power in his personal possession to take out 20 people and the eye (or ear) witness testimony of a multitude of people all of it is hearsay according to the law and there is nothing I can do. Am I scared? You bet! And there is nothing I can do but hide behind the protection of my current husband's gun and hope he doesn't get the chutzpah up to do as he's been saying he's going to do for a very long time. More than anything, though, it's sad that my children have had to let their lives be manipulated by him and their behavior toward me, their mother, affected by him for over ten years out of a very real concern for me. Terrorizing your own children by threatening their mother isn't just sick crazy, it's outright evil.

LadyJ 3 years, 7 months ago

smitty (anonymous) says… "there will be no comments on the sgts of the LPD?" Come on smitty, that was not all your comment said, but nice try spinning it so it looks like your comments of the LPD was not allowed.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 7 months ago

Some people just shouldn't play Risk.

cheeseburger 3 years, 7 months ago

Nothing says 'happy holidays' like waving a gun at your family members! I'm betting alcohol played a role in the matter.

smitty 3 years, 7 months ago

there will be no comments on the sgts of the LPD?

smitty 3 years, 7 months ago