• City crews are street patching on East 15th Street from Brook Street to Prospect Avenue. The 1300 and 1400 blocks of East 15th Street will be closed during working hours. The eastbound lane on East 15th Street will be closed overnight for 10 days. Then, the westbound lane will be closed for 10 days.
• Crews are laying brick in the 1100 block of New York Street and at the intersection of New York and 12th streets. The project should be completed by late October or early November.
• Indiana Street from West Third Street to West Eighth Street will be closed to through traffic from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for a water line replacement project.
• Douglas County will start construction on a bridge located on North 800 Road about three-quarters of mile west of County Road 1061. During construction, the road will be closed to through traffic. The project should last until mid-November.
U.S. Highway 40
• From the Kansas Highway 4 interchange to the Shawnee/Douglas County line, U.S. Highway 40 will have varying lane closures for crack sealing. Work will occur Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Flaggers will direct traffic through the work zone. The project is expected to last until Friday.
U.S. Highway 56
• A 12-mile stretch of U.S. Highway 56 from U.S. Highway 59 to the Johnson County line is being resurfaced. Alternating lane closures will occur for traffic heading in both directions. Flaggers and pilot cars will guide traffic through the work zone. Crews will work west to east Monday through Friday during daylight hours. The project is expected to be completed in late October.
U.S. Highway 59
• Expect construction work at the U.S. Highway 59 and U.S. Highway 56 intersection. Both highways will remain open, but traffic routes will shift. Drivers need to use caution and drive slowly while moving through the intersection. The project, which includes reconstruction of pavement along U.S. Highway 56 and construction of a new frontage road along U.S. Highway 59, is scheduled to be completed in October.
• North 200 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 for frontage road construction work. The road will be tied to the new frontage road that runs parallel to the new U.S. Highway 59. Work is scheduled to be completed in late 2012.
• North 650 Road is closed at U.S. Highway 59 and to the west for work on a frontage road, interchange ramps and new bridge to carry North 650 Road over U.S. Highway 59.
U.S. Highway 24
• Mud Creek Bridge along U.S. Highway 24, east of Lawrence Municipal Airport, remains limited to one lane of traffic as crews add pavement to the bridge deck. Expect delays, as traffic is governed by temporary traffic signals expected to be in service until late fall.
• Drivers on the Kansas Turnpike just east of Lawrence are limited to one lane in each direction as crews rebuild turnpike lanes from just east of the interchange to a point just west of the Lawrence service area. The limits are expected to remain until just before Thanksgiving; the service area is scheduled to remain open throughout construction.
• A repair and resurfacing project is under way for the westbound and northbound side of I-435, from 87th Street to Antioch Road in Johnson County. Work is set for 5:30 a.m. Saturday to 5:30 a.m. Monday throughout the weekend. Drivers should expect delays and find an alternate route if possible. The project is to be finished in October.
Kansas Highway 32
• The eastbound left lane of Kansas Highway 32 is closed over the Kansas River Bridge to 55th Street for repairs to the bridge deck. The lane will be closed around the clock beginning 9 a.m. Monday until 2 p.m. Wednesday.
Kansas Highway 7
A repair project on the southbound bridge spanning the Kansas River will shift traffic to the left lane while repairs will be made the right lane. During the work, the Kansas Highway 32 to southbound K-7 ramp will be closed. Traffic will detour on K-32 to Nettleton Avenue and then south on K-7.