Archive for Monday, October 18, 2010

KU-Iowa State game will not be televised

Game to start at 1 p.m.

October 18, 2010, 1:41 p.m. Updated October 18, 2010, 2:04 p.m.

The Kansas football team's game at Iowa State on Oct. 30 will kick off at 1 p.m. and will not be televised, the Big 12 announced Monday.

The game will break a streak of 22 straight televised contests for the KU football team, dating back to 2008.

Big 12 schedule for Oct. 30

Oklahoma State at Kansas State, 11 a.m., FSN

Kansas at Iowa State, 1 p.m.

Missouri at Nebraska, 2:30 p.m., ABC

Texas Tech at Texas A&M, 2:30 p.m.

Baylor at Texas, 6 p.m., FSN

Colorado at Oklahoma, 8:15 p.m., ESPN

• A previous version of this story was updated.

Comments

John Kyle 3 years, 11 months ago

That's probably a good thing.

Danimal 3 years, 11 months ago

It's amazing what a few horribly lopsided losses do to a programs television coverage and recruiting.

missmagoo 3 years, 11 months ago

Yeah.. that's pretty much a given.

txjayhawk54 3 years, 11 months ago

Certainly would have been nice if the Big 12 would have considered a homecoming at a reasonable time this weekend.

missmagoo 3 years, 11 months ago

I think I saw that Mizzou has homecoming too and their game doesn't start til 7...

Kontum1972 3 years, 11 months ago

its cash ya all.....the whip marks from last week as still stinging....mb hockey...i threw up on myself during the last game....

jwbird 3 years, 11 months ago

This is a direct result of our current coach! If KU cares to save our program, they need to make a change NOW! If Mike Leach was our coach, the game would be on TV. The way it is now, we better get used to it.

Eddie Muñoz 3 years, 11 months ago

That's ridiculous. This coach is doing the best he can with the team he was left with after Mangino's departure. Firing a coach halfway through his first season would be stupid.

whats_going_on 3 years, 11 months ago

I feel like I just stepped into the Obama-Bush whostarted it debate. lol

average 3 years, 11 months ago

I'd be totally on the same page as you if Gill was making about half what he is. Roughly commensurate with the other coaches in the rear of the Big XII, and arguably overpaying for a coach with a losing record in the MAC.

Graczyk 3 years, 11 months ago

Gill's salary is not about Gill. It is about making the KU job attractive. If Gill gets it done, good for him. If he doesn't, his salary proves that KU is serious about football. One must take a longer view of these things.

puddleglum 3 years, 11 months ago

YEA JWBIRD!!!!

Mike Leach Mike Leach Mike Leach! ya gotta holla Mike Leach people! just think how cool that would be!

seppuku 3 years, 11 months ago

I've been pushing the blade in a little further after each game. Last week, I started in the 2nd quarter.

1arrowheaddrive 3 years, 11 months ago

It makes no sense not to televise every game, at least locally. They think that not putting games on TV hurts attendance, but the opposite is true. Out of sight, out of mind.

seppuku 3 years, 11 months ago

We think you're missing the point; this season, "out of sight-out of mind" is a good thing. Two hours of watching KU lose each week can only hurt recruiting.

belkin 3 years, 11 months ago

How long before they start giving game tickets away?

puddleglum 3 years, 11 months ago

How long before we hire Mike Leach? you got a primo coach out there just waiting to take over......someone please pick up the ball here!

ericp 3 years, 11 months ago

I thought that "Late Night" was a signal that the KU Basketball season had started and that the football season was over. Lets put the KU BB practice on live t.v. at least a tape delay over the MU homecoming game at 7:00

1arrowheaddrive 3 years, 11 months ago

Hurting recruiting is a lot less important that alienating another generation of fans. Being on TV can only help the program. As I'm sure all of you know the amount of revenue KU receives from the TV contract is tied to the number of times we are on TV.

jehovah_bob 3 years, 11 months ago

What about the revolution?

Does anyone know if the revolution will be televised?

OonlyBonly 3 years, 11 months ago

The revolution will not be televised - It will be live

irvan moore 3 years, 11 months ago

ihave to agree that Turner Gill is doing the best he can, that's the problem.

4chewnut 3 years, 11 months ago

I'm all for giving Coach Gill a chance. But I saw players - more than once - just stand there as a Wildcat ran by and into the end zone. I mean they made ZERO attempt to halt him. That is a complete lack of motivation that any coach should be able to deal with!

jwbird 3 years, 11 months ago

Our coach is a JOKE! This is killing our recruiting for years to come. Remember Bob Valasente and Terry Allen. The main difference is now, we have the facilities and the money to make it work. We need a coach that can get it done. We cant wait. If we rid ourselves of this Lew Perkins parting gift, we can right the ship now. With Mike Leach, we will beat KSU,CU,Iowa ST.Mizzou and in a bowl game next year. KU Football is not a joke, only our overmatched coach is a JOKE! Im sure all Kstate fans feel he should be given 3 or 4 years, not me.

Danimal 3 years, 11 months ago

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with how the season has gone, but it's not time to fire Gill yet. If we lose every game on the rest of the schedule (which seems likely at this point) and get to the halfway mark of next year without winning a game, then fire Coach Gill mid-season. I was shocked when KU hired Gill over proven coaches like Tommy Tuberville who was literally begging for the KU job. I think had Tuberville been hired KU would likely be 3-3, but it's impossible to say. People need to remember that Mangino's career at KU started in an eerily similar manner to what we're seeing now. Hopefully we'll see some improvement against TAMU.

JustNoticed 3 years, 11 months ago

Come on, people! Let's get rid of football. Now is the moment. Memorial Stadium would make a wonderful community garden. Or maybe it could be turned into Potter Lake South and used for some serious SCUBA training and fun.

JustNoticed 3 years, 11 months ago

I think Jesus doesn't want Gill for a sunbeam.

KU_FBfan 3 years, 11 months ago

I'm still loyal as ever...embarrassed as hell. The program needs a new coach.