Archive for Monday, October 18, 2010

KU-Iowa State game will not be televised

Game to start at 1 p.m.

October 18, 2010, 1:41 p.m. Updated October 18, 2010, 2:04 p.m.

The Kansas football team's game at Iowa State on Oct. 30 will kick off at 1 p.m. and will not be televised, the Big 12 announced Monday.

The game will break a streak of 22 straight televised contests for the KU football team, dating back to 2008.

Big 12 schedule for Oct. 30

Oklahoma State at Kansas State, 11 a.m., FSN

Kansas at Iowa State, 1 p.m.

Missouri at Nebraska, 2:30 p.m., ABC

Texas Tech at Texas A&M, 2:30 p.m.

Baylor at Texas, 6 p.m., FSN

Colorado at Oklahoma, 8:15 p.m., ESPN

• A previous version of this story was updated.

Comments

ThatFunkySmell 3 years, 6 months ago

The truth is, Turner Gill's prayers have finally been answered.

defenestrator 3 years, 6 months ago

The de-evolution will not be televised.....

KU_FBfan 3 years, 6 months ago

I'm still loyal as ever...embarrassed as hell. The program needs a new coach.

JustNoticed 3 years, 6 months ago

I think Jesus doesn't want Gill for a sunbeam.

onceagain 3 years, 6 months ago

Just hire us a coach who is qualified to coach at this level. Gill was not, why else did Nebraska pass twice on hiring him? Guess they are, as usual a lot smarter football oriented school.

JustNoticed 3 years, 6 months ago

Come on, people! Let's get rid of football. Now is the moment. Memorial Stadium would make a wonderful community garden. Or maybe it could be turned into Potter Lake South and used for some serious SCUBA training and fun.

Danimal 3 years, 6 months ago

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with how the season has gone, but it's not time to fire Gill yet. If we lose every game on the rest of the schedule (which seems likely at this point) and get to the halfway mark of next year without winning a game, then fire Coach Gill mid-season. I was shocked when KU hired Gill over proven coaches like Tommy Tuberville who was literally begging for the KU job. I think had Tuberville been hired KU would likely be 3-3, but it's impossible to say. People need to remember that Mangino's career at KU started in an eerily similar manner to what we're seeing now. Hopefully we'll see some improvement against TAMU.

jwbird 3 years, 6 months ago

Our coach is a JOKE! This is killing our recruiting for years to come. Remember Bob Valasente and Terry Allen. The main difference is now, we have the facilities and the money to make it work. We need a coach that can get it done. We cant wait. If we rid ourselves of this Lew Perkins parting gift, we can right the ship now. With Mike Leach, we will beat KSU,CU,Iowa ST.Mizzou and in a bowl game next year. KU Football is not a joke, only our overmatched coach is a JOKE! Im sure all Kstate fans feel he should be given 3 or 4 years, not me.

CWGOKU 3 years, 6 months ago

Thankfully it won't be on TV. Not that I would watch anyway. I'd rather watch butter melt. This season is over, stick a fork in it.

Thanks Lew

4chewnut 3 years, 6 months ago

I'm all for giving Coach Gill a chance. But I saw players - more than once - just stand there as a Wildcat ran by and into the end zone. I mean they made ZERO attempt to halt him. That is a complete lack of motivation that any coach should be able to deal with!

irvan moore 3 years, 6 months ago

ihave to agree that Turner Gill is doing the best he can, that's the problem.

jehovah_bob 3 years, 6 months ago

What about the revolution?

Does anyone know if the revolution will be televised?

Steven Gaudreau 3 years, 6 months ago

I'm sure if KU changes the game time to something like 2 a.m. on Sunday morning they can squeeze some money between some empty infomercials. KU has become such a wh*re, I'm sure they will find a way to make a buck at the expense of it's players, fans and community.

1arrowheaddrive 3 years, 6 months ago

Hurting recruiting is a lot less important that alienating another generation of fans. Being on TV can only help the program. As I'm sure all of you know the amount of revenue KU receives from the TV contract is tied to the number of times we are on TV.

twobigones 3 years, 6 months ago

Darn it, think of Iowa State!

ericp 3 years, 6 months ago

I thought that "Late Night" was a signal that the KU Basketball season had started and that the football season was over. Lets put the KU BB practice on live t.v. at least a tape delay over the MU homecoming game at 7:00

belkin 3 years, 6 months ago

How long before they start giving game tickets away?

1arrowheaddrive 3 years, 6 months ago

It makes no sense not to televise every game, at least locally. They think that not putting games on TV hurts attendance, but the opposite is true. Out of sight, out of mind.

seppuku 3 years, 6 months ago

I've been pushing the blade in a little further after each game. Last week, I started in the 2nd quarter.

jwbird 3 years, 6 months ago

This is a direct result of our current coach! If KU cares to save our program, they need to make a change NOW! If Mike Leach was our coach, the game would be on TV. The way it is now, we better get used to it.

Kontum1972 3 years, 6 months ago

its cash ya all.....the whip marks from last week as still stinging....mb hockey...i threw up on myself during the last game....

twobigones 3 years, 6 months ago

Not fair, Iowa State could use the television coverage for recruiting.

txjayhawk54 3 years, 6 months ago

Certainly would have been nice if the Big 12 would have considered a homecoming at a reasonable time this weekend.

missmagoo 3 years, 6 months ago

Yeah.. that's pretty much a given.

Danimal 3 years, 6 months ago

It's amazing what a few horribly lopsided losses do to a programs television coverage and recruiting.

John Kyle 3 years, 6 months ago

That's probably a good thing.