Archive for Friday, November 26, 2010

Palin to appear in southern Kansas for book tour

November 26, 2010

— Sarah Palin will be in south-central Kansas on Sunday as part of her latest book tour.

The former Republican vice presidential candidate and Alaska governor will stop at 11 a.m. Sunday at the Dillons Marketplace in Andover

The 46-year-old is promoting "American by Heart," subtitled "Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag." The book came out Tuesday and is her first since the million-selling memoir "Going Rogue."

Palin will be joined by her husband, Todd, and other family members. As with "Going Rogue," she will not make appearances in New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco or other cities where Democrats are more in favor. She will spend little time on either coast, sticking mostly to the South, Southwest and Midwest.

Comments

kernal 4 years, 6 months ago

So, is this a book of humor? I love the latest one about North Korea being our ally. Go, Sarah! I'll not waste my money on it, but will let the library do that.

Scott Morgan 4 years, 6 months ago

She really did believe the North Koreans are our allies. Get real, have you listened to Joe Biden lately? She made a simple mistake.

I'm also upset with her spending so much time in the Midwest. Won't it make the "coasters" upset with all the media attention in flyover land?

You Palin haters are not getting why she is popular.

Scott Drummond 4 years, 6 months ago

Well, the question is do we want to entrust high political office to someone who makes so many simple mistakes?

Jimo 4 years, 6 months ago

Considering she was already on record (per the McCain staff) as having no idea why there is a North Korea and a South Korea, I wouldn't be so certain. Perhaps this is the reason she refuses to be interviewed by any but fawning media - more probing questions would reveal (a la, Katie Couric) the depths of her ignorance.

Popular? Palin is perhaps the single most unpopular politician in America. And as Alaskans show, familiarity breeds disdain.

Instead, even her mayoral record reveals a person incapable of accepting responsibility, clueless about how things work, determined to live in a false fantasy world, and obsessed with bitter personal feuds with any who dare challenge her. Her amazing further political career reveals a quitter, an unethical administrator, someone who perverts the power of office for petty familial feuds, an aggressive refusal to gain knowledge, association with a freakish religious group, a lust for money, a confusion between the duties of office with the attention granted by title, and a constant impetus to embellish reality with grandiose lies. I had always maintained she'd be a great tv personality or sports anchor but her dismal cable show demonstrates a limited ability to do even that.

RoeDapple 4 years, 6 months ago

Dang autie! I was hoping you would get me one of her autographed books! Maybe I can get Multi to run by for me . . .

Scott Drummond 4 years, 6 months ago

Dillions? Really? How very Presidential. Guess that is in line with the cratering ratings for her "reality" show.

beatrice 4 years, 6 months ago

Fools and their money ...

Nothing like scheduling your book signing, which has the word "Faith" in the title, on a Sunday morning.

God bless America, and nowhere else.

tomatogrower 4 years, 6 months ago

Wow, Tom. Are you going to leave your bunker long enough to run down there and kowtow to her?

Scott Morgan 4 years, 6 months ago

Keep piling it on, do you really think she didn't know there was a North and South Korea? Her son could be stationed there for Pete's sake.

Suffice to say all people in public office make mistakes. Katie Couric's once stratospheric career is coming to dull thud end. It's reported Katie maybe entertaining hundreds on CNN soon. Many believe her bias "gotcha" trap laid on Palin is one of the main reasons few view her new show anymore.

Couric like so many others just don't get it. People like Palin. Plain and simple.

This is so odd. A politician who comes from the people, lives like one of us, and keeps getting hammered. Maybe we do need to kneel to the political elite. Maybe we have gone so far away from the Harry Trumans of our history.

Maybe the road to power is the path Nanny Pelosi took. Now that's how to be a strong women in America.

Re: her visit to Kansas. I believe the Andover Hilton Ballroom was booked, so she improvised by using Dillons. Anywho, last I checked Palin wasn't running for anything. I expect somebody who thinks an appearance to a group of real Americans, in a real American town is not presidential would be hard to please. I bet he or she would definitely think campaigning on a train caboose would really be low rent.

Or even waiting for a rude politician's chronically late bus on hot day?

***Palin is perhaps the single most unpopular politician in America. Really? Palin was top of page MSNBC again this morning. Unpopular? Her recent television show set all time viewing records for a initial show.

beatrice 4 years, 5 months ago

Indeed -- how dare Kouric ask a vice presidential candidate what magazines she read or what her knowledge of foreign police on Russia was. Gotcha, indeed!

So which American towns aren't real? Please tell us.

Bob Forer 4 years, 6 months ago

To all you Palin bashers: Thank you thank you thank you. I was going to add my two cents but i see all of you have done an admirable job.

The fact that she has risen so far has me very worried about the future of our nation. I am strong believer in democracy, but with the vast numbers of abject idiots out there who are old enough to vote, and in fact adore this woman, causes me to pause. Perhaps we should ditch democracy and have our nation run by Aristotelian Philosopher--Kings. Couldn't be worse than what we have right now (and this is not a swipe at Obama)

Scott Drummond 4 years, 6 months ago

Actually, we do just fine when we invest in an educated populace, some degree of democratization of the workplace (unions) and an effective government. The last thirty years of "government is bad" and anti-worker policies have created the situation we are now in. When working Americans get back to voting in their own self interests, rather than what some advertising firm has convinced them to do, we will return to sanity.

mom_of_three 4 years, 5 months ago

I even gave her the benefit of the doubt that she just got a little confused, but I haven't listened to the youtube of the mistake.
I think the Republican party will soon realize they don't need or want her to run. I have many republican relatives and inlaws and several don't like her.
She seems to be too busy talking about the "lamestream media" and everyone being against her and will soon alienate everyone.
I have read several of her speeches and exerpts from her books. She seems to speak quite a few words, but actually says very little.

bunnyhawk 4 years, 5 months ago

Dang! None of y'all have any business dishing Palin on geography!!! Andover is a suburb of Wichita. Sarah Palin is coming to the prosperous side of Wichita to sell her book. WICHITA, where Dr. Tiller was murdered in his church by one of her supporters.......................................WAKE UP!!!!!!!

These are the folks who talk about the end of the world.............what they really mean is the end of reason!