From the Lawrence Daily Journal-World for Nov. 26, 1970:
- A second telephone line had been installed at Headquarters, 1124 Miss., as an emergency-only line to help young drug users. The original phone line was still in place for business and information calls. Rick Silver, administrative coordinator for Headquarters and the first paid staff member of the center, was in charge of the nearly 100 volunteers serving there.
- County roads were beginning to receive signage with their new designations. Lone Star Road, southwest of Lawrence, was now sporting signs reading "Douglas County 458." All county roads were to be designated by numbered signs by spring according to a new statewide plan.