Topeka — A conference sponsored by a group that advocates abolishing the current state tax system will be held Friday and feature Secretary of State-elect Kris Kobach.
The “Prosperity Summit” is being put on by FairTaxKC, which advocates abolishing the state income tax on individuals and businesses and replacing the tax with a broad sales tax.
In addition to Kobach, speakers at the event include:
• Jonathan Williams, director of the tax and fiscal policy task force for the American Legislative Exchange Council.
• Dave Trabert, president of the Kansas Policy Institute.
• House Speaker Pro Tem Arlen Siegfreid, R-Olathe.
• Doug Friedrichsen, vice president of FairTaxKC.
• Carl Beardon, Missouri director of Americans for Prosperity.
The conference starts at noon Friday at the Topeka Performing Arts Center.