Archive for Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lawrence man transported to hospital after rollover accident

November 7, 2010

A Lawrence man was transported to the hospital last night after a rollover accident south of Lecompton on U.S. Highway 40, one mile east of East 200 Road.

According to Kansas Highway Patrol, 20-year-old Elbert Davis was driving east on U.S. 40 about 10:30 p.m. when his vehicle left the road, entered the south ditch and rolled. The vehicle came to rest on its top.

Davis was first transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital and later to Stormont-Vail Health Care in Topeka. Jennifer Tinajero, communication coordinator at Stormont-Vail, said Davis is in fair condition.

Comments

pace 3 years, 5 months ago

I would feel better if horsegirl had said, I just turned on E 300 then pulled over and stopped to text this.

horsegirl 3 years, 5 months ago

I am turning on East 300 road as we speak. Yes it does exist. Puddlegum you are correct. One mile East of 200 road would indeed be E300 road.

Kris_H 3 years, 5 months ago

Pretty dang hard if you never heard that explanation. Still pretty dang hard if county lines are your only reference points.

What about giving roads names, what's wrong with that?

heybluekc 3 years, 5 months ago

It's very easy everyone.

890 E 1450 lets say is 8.9 miles south of franklin county line and 14.5 miles from the Shawnee county line. How hard is that?

Kris_H 3 years, 5 months ago

Am I the only person who hates Douglas County's system of numbering roads? If I've been there before and there are physical landmarks, I use those. Otherwise, if it wasn't for Google mapping I'd never be able to find anything that wasn't on a highway.

puddleglum 3 years, 5 months ago

help me out here....isn't one mile east of east 200 rd actually known as east 300 rd? what's the deal?

antacid 3 years, 5 months ago

no lifeflight? must have just needed a bandaid