Archive for Thursday, May 27, 2010

Justin Wilson

Justin Wilson

Justin Wilson

Age: 23.

Sign: Gemini.

Hometown: Wichita.

Time in Lawrence: Two years, non-consecutively.

Occupation: KU student and barista.

What were you doing when scouted? On my way to get coffee downtown.

How would you describe your style? Utilitarian - I wear basic pieces with subtle accents.

What are your favorite fashion trends? I like gladiator sandals and dresses on women; for both men and women, I like natural clothing and organic fabrics.

What are your least favorite fashion trends? Anything too flashy - sequins, synthetic fabrics, and people that look like walking mannequins.

What would you like to see more of in Lawrence? More critical-thinking individuals and more bike lanes.

What would you like to see less of in Lawrence? iPods and cell phones in inappropriate circumstances - other than that, I like this place quite a lot.

Do you have any fashion influences? Musician Derek Webb. I read an interview that said he only wore white T-shirts. I like that simplistic mindset - purposeful dressing.

People say I look like: James Mercer, the lead singer of The Shins. I don't think I do though - he's balding and skinnier and taller.

Tell us a secret:  Sometimes I do things just to have known what it is like to have done them.

Shirt: Hanes, Target, October 2009, $2.

Ceramic necklace: Personally designed/handmade, 2006.

Bag: Gap, March 2010, gift.

Comments

shleppy 4 years, 4 months ago

holy crap what about the pants?

scopi_guy 4 years, 4 months ago

Very boring outfit. At least he's not wearing flip flops.

monkey_c 4 years, 4 months ago

$2 shirts rock and man purses are hilarious!

bearded_gnome 4 years, 4 months ago

oh, how very metrosexual of him. so am I reading that quote right he likes womyn's dresses on men?
and what are the "inappropriate" places for Ipads and cell phones?

nobody's noted that this guy is a barista.
just glad the baristas are representin in this paper sometimes. people bin frontin on baristas.

indeed Autie, SpaceHog rocked, this guy doesn't even humm.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 4 months ago

What are your favorite fashion trends? I like gladiator sandals and dresses on women, for both men and women; I like natural clothing and organic fabrics.

men's legs stickin out of womyn's dresses?
bleck!
what do you have against womyn's dresses?!?

why do I not think this guy voted for McCain in the last national election?

Flap Doodle 4 years, 4 months ago

Do you like movies about gladiators?

scopi_guy 4 years, 4 months ago

What was that line from Beyond the Valley of the Dolls...something about men who wear sandals must not get very many offers?

Steve Bunch 4 years, 4 months ago

I've changed my mind. What I've heretofore thought was a weekly waste of newsprint is, as it turns out, priceless if it generates the kind of conversation I've read here. And yes, I'm glad to see underwear mentioned. It has been conspicuously absent in these Style Scout articles.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 4 months ago

were we discussing underwear? personally I appreciate cotton briefs, simple and old fashioned! used to wear cotton briefs that were mid-length but my d--ned legs got to muscley so had to quit wearin' them [smirk].

so is an underwear controversy about to break out? or will it be band?

why, does Justin wear a thong???

Autie done careateded a nu werd: Like its some kind of trendy something...hello? It is blue jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes....and back where I come from the fellows don't shoulder up no purse from the Gap. oh, and he's a barista...like workin in a bar is some fancy deal...must be some kind of beerguyolier.

beerguyolier

Autie, that looks suspiciously french thar buddy!

pronounced "beer goo lee ay?"

maybe we don't wanna know what's in his manpurse!

whats_going_on 4 years, 3 months ago

you are starting to look a TINY bit obsessed with this.