Archive for Thursday, May 27, 2010

Becca Raynes

Becca Raynes

Becca Raynes

Age: 26.

Sign: Sagittarius.

Hometown: Lawrence.

Time in Lawrence: My whole life - I recently moved to St. Louis, but I frequently return home to visit family and friends.

Occupation: Master's student, non-profit management.

What were you doing when scouted? Heading to lunch at Free State Brewing Co.

How would you describe your style? "Indie-sophisticate." I lean toward more urban apparel and pieces that easily transition from day to night.

What are your favorite fashion trends? Jeggings - they're so comfortable! I also like textured, colorful tights.

What are your least favorite fashion trends? Bubble skirts or dresses - they are unflattering on most women. And "man-dals," leather slide-sandals for men.

What would you like to see more of in Lawrence? A new shoe store to replace Arensberg's.

What would you like to see less of in Lawrence? Less popped collars. They are too showy and fratty.

Do you have any fashion influences? Sarah Jessica Parker because she is a fashion icon, and Vogue magazine because it addresses and includes a variety of different fashion styles.

People say I look like: My younger sister, minus her bright red hair.

Tell us a secret: When I'm alone in my car, I like to belt out showtunes.

Shoes: Steve Madden, April 2010, $45.

Jeggings: Urban Outfitters, April 2010, $40.

Shirt: Express, March 2010, $25.

Leather jacket: Lauren Conrad, February 2010, $50.

Purse: Fake D&G, Street Vendor in London, £20.

Comments

somedude20 3 years, 10 months ago

I like what she is wearing underneath her clothes even better!

Leslie Swearingen 3 years, 10 months ago

I like what she is wearing. I always notice peoples clothes. The thing is when you find a style you like to individualize it for yourself and not just copy it. I have changed my entire wardrobe since watching, "What Not To Wear". I have more self-awareness and self-esteem since I have changed my clothing style. I feel that I am showing people the real me. You can tell something about a persons personality and lifestyle by how they dress.

scottpewenofkit 3 years, 10 months ago

i am glad that the LJ World has the guts to write non-stories about the most oppressed minority in this town: all-white faux-bohemian clones. Thank the Lord that we know what their tastes in fashion are, because this is obviously so important. It must be so cool and edgy to pretend to be a young, hip urbanite in backwater kansas.

weegee 3 years, 10 months ago

I'm sure her jeggings are keeping her cool.

mr_right_wing 3 years, 10 months ago

Surely this pix wasn't taken in the last few days..... dark-colored leather jacket in mid 80-degree weather??

coldplay 3 years, 10 months ago

Finally not some crunched-out hippy claiming all their clothes are from Goodwill.

Steve Bunch 3 years, 10 months ago

We could use more investigative journalism like this.