Archive for Thursday, May 27, 2010

Police searching for aggravated burglary suspect

May 27, 2010

Police are searching for man about 25 years old who was discovered inside a home in the 4500 block of Grove Drive.

According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Susan Hadl, a Lawrence man's dog barked at 11:45 p.m. Wednesday to alert him to something wrong outside of his bedroom. The man encountered a white man in a dark hoodie and dark shorts crouching behind the resident's living room furniture. The resident proceeded to engage the intruder in conversation while his wife called 911 in the bedroom.

Hadl said the suspect left the house and traveled westbound, and there were likely more people involved in the foiled burglary. The intruder had reportedly gathered numerous items to steal, so Hadl said he either had an accomplice or a vehicle close by waiting.

Comments

Kat Christian 3 years, 10 months ago

I just don't understand the mentality of someone breaking into another person's home to steal (especially when they are at home). Someone please help my understand, what kind of stupidity causes a person to be this bold and self-centered? Do they lack human intelligent or are their brains not evolved enough to think as a human? This sort of action has to be primal because it certainly isn't human. I personally don't think it is human to break in another person's home to steal their belongings that they've worked so hard to obtain. What right does this person have to do this and what sort of thought process allows him to think this way? I just don't get it.

bearded_gnome 3 years, 10 months ago

Give that dog a big hangin' steak!

glad nobody got hurt, especially the legal residents of the home.

onlymee 3 years, 10 months ago

MY house you would find pieces ,he wouldnt make it through any door..it would be his last intrusion,doggie snack

Bud Stagg 3 years, 10 months ago

"My husband is talking with a nice young man in our living room..."

My call would be "do you know how to get blood stains out of my carpet?" My dogs probably would have gotten him first before I could get my gun out.

TheBigW 3 years, 10 months ago

Shoot first, talk later. close combat shotgun is nice for a wide spread of shot, no missing targets.

lawrenceguy40 3 years, 10 months ago

Sounds like barry o's new anti-terrorist policy - only he will do without the dog!

oneeye_wilbur 3 years, 10 months ago

the wife called 911 and said what to the dispatcher? "my husband is chatting with the suspect" "just take your time" OR as usual with the dispatcher's they asked the wife her height, her age, her description , if the suspect was armed, description of the suspect.

How was iit that the suspect just got up and left, but yet was complacent enough to chit chat with the "husband".

cadillac 3 years, 10 months ago

“Engage in conversation” ? Here talk with my .357 All professions have “job risk” Some are just higher than others.

nobody1793 3 years, 10 months ago

That dog should be on the City Commission.

cavtrooper 3 years, 10 months ago

"to engage the intruder in conversation..." Heh, Had this been my home the intruder would have been egaged with some thing other than conversation. And the police would not be "looking"... they would be bagging and tagging.

Stuart Evans 3 years, 10 months ago

"The resident proceeded to engage the intruder in conversation "

so..how's it going?

not bad, just picking out some things for my wife's birthday.

oh..that's cool. You know, those are things that I got my wife for her birthday.

wow, you don't say. hey by the way, I'm glad your dog didn't eat me.

igby 3 years, 10 months ago

Had it been my house, the police would still be looking for him and picking through dog poop the next day, little chunks here and there, nothing left but hip bones. Lol.