Archive for Thursday, May 27, 2010

Obama job approval up

May 27, 2010

— For the first time this year, more people approve of President Barack Obama’s performance than disapprove, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday morning.

The latest soundings come as the White House is seeking to deal with the political fallout from the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and the president has been trying to find a route to bipartisanship by reaching out to GOP lawmakers in the hope of getting help with his legislative agenda.

According to Quinnipiac, American voters approve of Obama’s job by 48 percent to 43 percent, up from April when 44 percent approved and 46 percent disapproved. The overall approval was the first since December, according to the poll.

The findings are based on the survey of 1,914 people from May 19 to May 24. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.2 percentage points.

“The increase in President Barack Obama’s job approval is a welcome step for the White House. His ratings have been in the no man’s land of just below parity for some time, and now the question is whether this is the beginning of an upward trend or just a blip,” said Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University poll.

The poll follows most other national polls showing a steady erosion of faith in Obama since he took office. Of course, Obama’s popularity then was at an all-time high, partly because he was following George W. Bush, whose administration ended with a political thump, and partly from Obama’s own upbeat campaign that led him to become the nation’s first African American president.

Comments

mr_right_wing 5 years, 3 months ago

"Oh, there he is again, how is he going to trash obama this time?!"

Nope. Look over my comment history...there have actually been a few (albeit very few) time's I've praised this president, and this will be one more.

mr. obama signed a bill about a month back that will allow guns in National Parks, a good move to protect the rights of gun owners. (Kind of uncharacteristic) Thank you mr. obama.

See....I really can do it from time to time!!

Fred Whitehead Jr. 5 years, 3 months ago

I think given the incredible abyss left by the shrub's administration, that President Obama is doing as good a job as anyone could under the circumstances with the extremist right hate radio barons and every tom,dick, and harry who thinks they could do better.

I think that in the end as history looks back on this political morass, mostly crated by the extreme right, the Nazi party, the KKK, and Rush Limbaugh, that Mr. Obama will emerge and the solid rock and hero of the era. The final "tea party" will be in the White House and sara palin wil not be invited!!

yankeevet 5 years, 3 months ago

assfrwent; u r dreaming...........palin will be n the whitehouse;...........and u can shovel s--t in Louisiana..

Flap Doodle 5 years, 3 months ago

Well, heck he's promised everybody a high-level government job, of course he's gonna poll well among the saps that believe him.

mr_right_wing 5 years, 3 months ago

Before 'snap' goes on the warpath against you...I'll go ahead and send you into a tale spin! I don't 'hate' obama; I don't trust him and I don't respect him (trust and respect must be earned...not just automatically given) as I mentioned in my post above, there are actually a few things I've thanked obama for. Georgie was god, or god like? HA! I will say this for him though; he never promised to have a 'transparent' Presidency (like obama did repeatedly) yet his was far more transparent than obama's! No one side has a monopoly on hate; but I believe it is a little more prevalent on the left. Can you honestly say you don't hate Mr. Limbaugh or Mr. Beck or George W himself...honestly? Two more things to blow your mind...1) even though I used their names I don't listen to Rush or Glenn, and 2) even as a fundy Christian I don't hate one single gay person (or all of them as a group.)

Pick your chin up off the floor.

Oh yeah....one more thing; I sincerely hope Palin does not run against obama!! (We can do better.)

Jay Keffer 5 years, 3 months ago

Why is Beo so obsessed with the TB term? Surely she knows it is a sexual slur describing a vile act.

She can't seem to leave it alone.

At ease sailor!

Jay Keffer 5 years, 3 months ago

Sure your'e not. Once the term was co-opted, you embraced it. Sick.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 3 months ago

Wait till "let 'em go" Holder gets some show trials going. Stalin would be proud.