Archive for Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Semitrailer and car collide on Kansas Highway 10

A car that struck a semi and got stuck under it left the driver injured.

May 26, 2010

Emergency crews responded to an accident Wednesday afternoon involving a semitrailer and a car on Kansas Highway 10, in east Lawrence.

The car was trapped under the semitrailer, according to dispatchers. The driver of the car suffered minor injuries.

The accident occurred just before 4 p.m. near the entrance to the East Hills Business Park.

Check back to LJWorld.com for more information on this story as it develops.

Comments

sherlock 4 years, 3 months ago

Yeah is this to happen tomorrow or last thurs???????????/ Right on for the latest huh?

Jonathan Kealing 4 years, 3 months ago

Sorry about that. Wednesday, of course.

RoeDapple 4 years, 3 months ago

A lot going on today, JK?

Hang tough, you've got a hell of a job to do. Most of the nitpickers haven't been out of the basement recently enough to know the snow has melted.

budwhysir 4 years, 3 months ago

Yah, cause we all know that no one in this town knows what day it is unless the local paper tells us. Just one more reason to explain how someone else makes a mistake but turn the tables and see how quick they turn and run

BruceWayne 4 years, 3 months ago

came by this on way home...minor injuries? that is great news because it looked really bad.

del888 4 years, 3 months ago

Get with it Lawrence??? What's that mean? This is a State highway, not a city street.

budwhysir 4 years, 3 months ago

ya thats like blaming the water dept for removing the beaver dam at the wetlands. How many people in this town have nothing better to do than make a traffic hazard on a major road>?

BrianR 4 years, 3 months ago

Wow, if I saw that much 'crazy' in that short a period of time, I might try to quietly sneak home.

lllwll 4 years, 3 months ago

Lots of sorry for misinfo on the news. Is it OK that jk says .oh we got it wrong again, to bad

lilzcoop 4 years, 3 months ago

I think frontage roads on each side of 10hwy with access at Noria & at Farmland/COOP would make a big differance.

iLikelawrence 4 years, 3 months ago

It was crazy. I saw the trucker siting in his cabin lookin pretty awful ashamed waiting to get a ticket. I swear it looked like someone could've easily been killed. It was intense. He tried to pull out in front of K10.

Now there is a Ford Focus convertible.

kernal 4 years, 3 months ago

The state really does need to put a light out there. Every time I drive by there and see those big LRM trucks trying to pull out and turn left during morning rush hour traffic, I cringe. I'm not even going to talk about the guy with the big bobcat. Yikes!

heybluekc 4 years, 3 months ago

one eyed wilbur?

Since when does Lawrence service K-10. Get out of your basement and look at the highway sign. It has a big Sunflower on it. Which means 'State of Kansas." Wow. If you have not the knowledge to make educated posts then stop wasting your time.

CreatureComforts 4 years, 3 months ago

No kidding...you can tell by the way the road becomes much better when transferring from 23rd onto K-10, or worse when you transfer from K-10 onto 23rd.

David Albertson 4 years, 3 months ago

I don't care who is responsible for it. They need a damn light there.

notanoobhere 4 years, 3 months ago

They need to finish the bypass not put a freaking stop light on the STATE HIGHWAY (not the city of lawrence).

Dalmia 4 years, 3 months ago

I drove by this yesterday and couldn't even make out what kind of car it was. All I know was that it was blue as it was already loaded up on the tow's flat bed & was pretty smashed up. My son just graduated last week & moved to Topeka. Guess what part of his graduation present was? A blue 4 door, Ford Focus. So imagine my horror when I woke up this a.m. to read the LJW & saw the video for this story! I thought I was going to throw up! I called my son immediately who (thank God), answered the phone. Long story short, it wasn't him in this accident. He's fine, the car is fine and he'll be home this weekend for more graduation festivities! I am SO happy to hear that the person that was in this accident had only minor injuries, because from what I saw yesterday, the damage to that car was beyond "minor".

countrygirl 4 years, 3 months ago

The state did a study of this intersection and decided at that point it didn't need a light. The businesses and employees of the business park have begged for a light and the requests have all been denied. What does it take to get the point across to the state that this is a dangerous intersection?

Ron Holzwarth 4 years, 3 months ago

The tragedy is that it usually takes a fatality to get the point across.

DISCLAIMER: I've ONLY been told this by someone who might not know the facts: It takes fatal accidents actually occurring before a danger is recognized.

hurlingchunks 4 years, 3 months ago

Freeway on both ends traffic lights in the middle. I thought that's how all Kansas highways are designed.