Archive for Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 20, 2010

Casey Don Williams

Casey Don Williams

Casey Don Williams

Age: 28.

Sign: Cancer.

Hometown: Great Bend, although I moved to Emporia at age 16, so I usually claim E-town.

Time in Lawrence: This time? Since Feb. 1, 2010.

Occupation: Emporia State alumnus and bartender/server at Teller's.

What were you doing when scouted? Sitting at my computer watching a few YouTube videos and writing a rough draft chapter in my memoir.

How would you describe your style? What style? J/K ... I just think I'm pretty average. ...Comfortable T-shirt/jeans type-of-guy or surfer shorts and tank top - whatever looks good on, I roll with it. I think it's more important what is underneath the clothes that makes me look and feel stylish. Fitness is in!

What are your current favorite fashion trends? I'm into the sporty look, but I love diversity.

What are your least favorite fashion trends? I hate Uggs, men's pleated dress pants and Affliction T-shirts that are too busy, shiny or expensive.

What would you like to see more of/less of in Lawrence? Fewer potholes, bigger shelters for the homeless and more parking meters with longer time limits.

Who are your fashion influences? I like the evolution of fashion; as of late, I'm intrigued by Lady Gaga ... but really, who isn't?

People say I look like: a cross breed of Jude Law and Brendan Fraser.

Tell us a secret: I dated a famous person once.

Do you have any tattoos or piercings? Neither. All my art is on the inside.

Shoes: Converse, Famous Footwear, February 2010, $45.

Jeans: Levis, Urban Outfitters, February 2010, $50.

Shirt: Tommy Ferrari & The Future Motor Machines, April 2010, $15.

Comments

jbiegs 4 years, 4 months ago

seriously? I know I'm commenting, but come on LJ...is this the best you have to offer.

pfeifer 4 years, 4 months ago

A dude in a t-shirt, bootcut jeans, and converse? That is the best style you can find? Seriously? Bootcut jeans have been out for like 2 years now. Does anyone at LJ read GQ? You should be looking for people in slim or skinny cut khakis and like a gingham button up or something.

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 4 months ago

I think Spacehog did an excellent job of satire which I hope the LJW picks up on.

oliveoyl 4 years, 4 months ago

mr_right_wing 4 years, 4 months ago

Better than last weeks guy. This guy is basically still dressing like he's 18....10 years later! Is bartending (even in a high-class restruant) your career of choice? I can remember a time when this was considered the "slacker" look. (maybe it still is.)

Meowserz 4 years, 1 month ago

All you people who are judging this guy are pathetic. Mr right wing wants to talk about how he is gay. But he cant cause of his religion and his right wing pals would oust him from the free masons. You drive a dodge stratus and make 30,000 dollars a year you deserve some respect. Ha! career of choice.You can't take your dodge stratus to hell when you die but you can take your lack of life experience. Cats in the Cradle, You'll never truly know your son. Pfeifer So you want to see some style some real in style like in Gq. Can you see the pleat in skinny Khakis? "Boot cut jeans have been out for like two years" You know you sound like a scared conformist. Wear what you like not cause it's in style or cool. Cause it's what you want to do. Not cause someone told you to. Maybe you're all just jealous. oliveoyl (anonymous) says…

"It strictly used to be a Lawrence.com thing but since they don't do the Deadwood Edition any longer it's in the LJW...don't like it, don't read it." How the hell did you come across it if you dont read it? In my day we had to walk the internet both ways, uphill! Get bent!!!!!! I think he looks great and I love his style. Can't you guys tell that shirt is "American apparel." You Dorks make me angry