Archive for Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Police searching for armed robbery suspect after incident at Taco John’s

Local authorities are still searching for a man involved in an armed robbery Tuesday night. The incident took place at the Taco John's restaurant on Sixth Street.

May 18, 2010, 10:45 p.m. Updated May 19, 2010, 12:00 a.m.

Lawrence police continue to search for a suspect wanted for an armed robbery at a local fast-food restaurant Tuesday night.

Officers were called to Taco John’s, 1101 W. Sixth St., around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Police said a man armed with a handgun robbed the business, then fled, heading southwest, before officers arrived.

Witnesses described the suspect as a black or Hispanic man, about 6 feet tall in his early 20s, wearing dark clothing.

Anyone with information on the robbery is urged to call the Lawrence Police Department or the CrimeStoppers tips hot line at 843-TIPS.

Comments

not_holroyd 4 years, 7 months ago

Guns make us so safe. Let's strap them on and celebrate our "rights."

This crap doesn't occur so frequently in the rest of the world. Figure it out.

blue73harley 4 years, 7 months ago

They should have had one of those no gun signs on the door. That would have kept him out.

lmmcMC 4 years, 7 months ago

I'm assuming you are being sarcastic since we all know how much respect a Criminal has for the law. I'm sure the little gun-buster sign would have done the trick.

swede 4 years, 7 months ago

Are you suggesting that the 'gun' was responsible for this crime? I would think the blame would be be on the individual who chose to enter the business. Would you also advocate the removal of knives from society, if the perp had used a knife?

You're perspective is quite irrational.

whats_going_on 4 years, 7 months ago

I doubt the guy had it legally, to be honest.

rocc_steady 4 years, 7 months ago

does taco johns have any money to steal? shoulda hit McDonalds...

aha 4 years, 7 months ago

probably not. it is taco tuesday, after all.

rocc_steady 4 years, 7 months ago

suspect said to be armed with two tacos and a bean burrito...

bearded_gnome 4 years, 7 months ago

not much description of the "perp." I put that in quotes because WTH did he do? did he walk in, sit down at a table and set his 357 on the table whilest he went up and ordered his nachos? you know, the grande nachos with jalapinos...

I was just tellin' the wife: them potato Ole~s they are the work of the devil...guess I was right.

now, has anybody driven by to see if Louise's west is missing another wall?

danemary 4 years, 7 months ago

WELP THE DISCRIPTION NARROWS IT DOWN TO ABOUT 500,000 PEOPLE {GIVE OR TAKE 100,000}. jez

lawrenceRezident 4 years, 7 months ago

Not_Holroyd: Yes, these types of things happen every where. Take China for instance. Five different people went into a grade school and started killing kids... Different incidents too... All within two weeks of each other.

whats_going_on 4 years, 7 months ago

they are becoming America. They've started depending on American food and cars, and have started to look and act like Americans because of it. Grrrrreat.

marcez0z 4 years, 7 months ago

How can you not tell the difference between a black from a mexican!!!! Insulting!

grammaddy 4 years, 7 months ago

Sometimes it's not that easy. I have 4 bi-racial kids. Each one is a different color.My oldest son looks white, until he lets his hair grow out. It's a little nappy. My oldest daughter could pass for Mexican, and is afraid she'll never get to see Arizona with their new law.

Thinking_Out_Loud 4 years, 7 months ago

Other, of course, than being delayed by the local constabulary until you can prove to their satisfaction that you are, indeed, not an illegal alien.

jbiegs 4 years, 7 months ago

Lets hope the football team was on the field practicing or they will be getting some phone calls this morning! It's all about the alibi.

backyardwino 4 years, 7 months ago

Did they get his number . . . maybe LPD could call him and ask him to turn himself in (and the potato oles)

yankeevet 4 years, 7 months ago

Taco Johns; the food is so bad; the cock roaches commit suicide.........

mrbig 4 years, 7 months ago

Yeah not only is the food sometimes bad- they treat their employees like crap. I worked there for 5 years while in highschool and college, and finally quit when the manager put a sign up to donate money for my 'boob job'. It was humiliating, and the owner didn't even repremand the manager when I told him about it. They basically laughed at me when I told them I was going to sue. Then, today the new manager at this store fired someone who had worked there for 8 years 'because they had kids'. These owners think they can get away with treating their employees however they want with no consequences. I hope all of you who read this not only stop eating here because the food is bad- but also because of how they treat people.

Thinking_Out_Loud 4 years, 7 months ago

mrbig, both of the situations you describe are illegal under employment law.

somedude20 4 years, 7 months ago

If I were the police and I knew that he ate some of their "food" I would have checked every bathroom in a 5 minute radius.

Mister 4 years, 7 months ago

Sounds like somebody has an itch they were tryin' to scratch.

mrbig 4 years, 7 months ago

I would just like to say wow, what a way for that new manager to start his first week! Ha.

bd 4 years, 7 months ago

Did he get away with a "CHALUPA????"

lawrenceRezident 4 years, 7 months ago

I saw a 7 foot taco running through South Park at around 2:30. Perhaps it would have info regarding the suspect?

Randall Barnes 4 years, 7 months ago

yet another just now at maurices on south iowa.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 7 months ago

for the paranoid fascilitators of illegal immigration: you have nothing to worry about in Arizona, unless you are already committing a crime.

so, if daughter starts an arson fire or shoplifts, then they might check her immigration status.

idiot obama and u.s. ag holder criticize the law without even reading it.

why do you want to encourage illegal immigration? it only serves to lower earnings for legal immigrants and low educational attainment american citizens.

geekin_topekan 4 years, 7 months ago

Darn you Catfishturkeyhunter!! Darn you straight to heck!

Anyone else need something from Taco John's. . . ?

Awl be bock.