Archive for Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Man sentenced for selling fake identifications

May 4, 2010

A man from Mexico has been sentenced to 10 months in prison for selling fake Social Security cards and permanent resident alien cards.

U.S. Attorney Lanny Welch said Tuesday that 32-year-old Rafael Torres-Moreno admitted that on Sept. 22, 2009, he told undercover officers that could sell them false identification documents for $140 a set. The investigators bought the documents the next day.

Two other men charged in the investigation await sentencing.

Comments

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 4 years, 7 months ago

" Fake IDs are the root of the underground economy of illegal aliens."

No, the root of that economy is that they cost about a 1/3 as much to hire as someone "legal" does.

drake 4 years, 7 months ago

1/3 huh clownie? Where did you squirt those numbers out of?

FarneyMac 4 years, 7 months ago

Bozo, it actually costs 2/3 as much - entry wages for illegal immigrants are 34% less than natives.

Numbers courtesy of the Heritage Foundation.

boltzmann 4 years, 7 months ago

How does this affect Obama's career? After all, they did catch the guy.

So are you insinuating that illegal aliens suddenly just started using fake identification with the election of Obama?

As to the last sentence of your post, again you are simply making accusations as to something that has not occurred or that you have any evidence that it will occur.

slowplay 4 years, 7 months ago

"you are simply making accusations as to something that has not occurred or that you have any evidence that it will occur"....That's what he does. And very well, I might add.

whats_going_on 4 years, 7 months ago

he'll find any way to get Obama bashing into any and all conversation on here. It angered me at first. It's a little entertaining (albeit creepy) now.

somedude20 4 years, 7 months ago

I wonder if all the "critics" would be so against Obama if he were whiter. I wonder if as many people would be plotting his death or wishing him harm if he was not of mixed race? Your boy Bush is the master of propaganda, I wonder why you don't hate him. He did start a lie that caused thousands of Americans to be killed or injured in Iraq, why don't you hate him? Bush basically took away most of our civil liberties, why don't you hate him? Bush wrecked the economy (2 recessions), why don't you hate him? Bush weakened our democracy but yet you love him. They are both men, what is the difference? You did not like him from the start and the only difference is that Obama is BLACK

"See in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." George Bush

KSManimal 4 years, 7 months ago

Well said.

Except you forgot about the whole "feet on the desk in the Oval Office" issue. Apparently, putting one's feet on that desk shows horrible disrespect, even contempt, for the presidency. Unless a white guy does it.

John Hamm 4 years, 7 months ago

Obama insulted the Prime Minister of Israel by putting his feet on his desk - showing the bottom of his shoes - that is a no-no in the mid-east. Obama insulted the US when he bowed to the Prime Minister of Japan! The president (lower case intentional) bowing to the Prime Minister of Japan. Equals at least but the US isn't subservient to Japan yet. I hope. Obama insulted the US when he bowed (from the waist) to the King of Saudi Arabia! Once again a subservient action. I couldn't care which color he is or isn't. He doesn't represent the US as the President of the US should. Nor does he, in my opinion, have the interest of the US at heart! Now back off calling me a racist!

FarneyMac 4 years, 7 months ago

There are plenty of pictures of Bush bowing to foreign leaders, and let's not forget the pictures of him kissing and holding hands with Prince Faisal.

Obama was on the freaking phone with his feet up, not meeting with the Prime Minister of Israel. In any case, Benjamin Netanyahu grew up and went to college in the US - he graduated from high school in freaking Pennsylvania (have you ever heard him speak English? He sounds like a native-born American), so I highly doubt he would freak out at seeing feet on a desk.

Now stop being so racist.

Liberty275 4 years, 7 months ago

If he was jimmy carter he'd be treated worse. Of course, if he was jimmy carter he would be worse, but only by a tiny amount. I'd say that for the time being, that makes obama the second worst president in American history.

Go ahead and fall back on your "racist" crutch. It's all you have left.

ivalueamerica 4 years, 7 months ago

stupid post of the day winner.

As if no one ever sold fake ID's under Bush or Bush or Reagan or Nixon and got nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Did you blame those presidents for not...no, of course not.

Your posts are so far from reality it is amazing.

Bladerunner 4 years, 7 months ago

Why is it the Dems keep bringing up race? Whats that got to do with anything? There is a general dislike and disrespect because he has already spent all the tax dollars i will ever pay, my childerens tax dollars, and my unborn grandchildrens tax dollars. Hes paying bailout money to corporations that probably should be allowed to go bankrupt...and forcing mandatory health care reform on a majority of Americans who don't want it. I don't care if hes black, white, asian or hispanic....as long as he has a birth certificate showing he's a US Citizen (which he may not).

somedude20 4 years, 7 months ago

Blade, Bush took your kids futures years ago. He took the surplus and changed it into massive massive debt, were is your anger for that? He lied about Iraq which is getting other people kids killed and unless Obama gets us out of your guy's war, one day your children could be next how can you not hate that? How can you hate one person who does what another does that you like? What is it? I bet it a female were in charge a lot of the same people would be saying the same things cause they dont want a woman in charge, same with a person of color.

HW 4 years, 7 months ago

Dude, Debt and deficit are two different things. Clinton got rid of the budget deficit, not the national debt. Don't get me wrong here, Bush brought the deficit back and increased the debt. If I am not mistaken, the last time the country was debt free was during President Andrew Jackson's administration. That makes a lot of administrations responsible for the current debt, including Clinton, Bush and Obama.

ferrislives 4 years, 7 months ago

Hey Blade, Bush started the bailouts; please remember that. Also, I have heard race brought up plenty by both Dems and Reps, so don't blame that all on one side.

jafs 4 years, 7 months ago

HW,

That's true, but Clinton is the only president in the last 35 years that eliminated the deficits and started showing budget surpluses.

Whatever he did regarding the economy, we should do again, and more of it, regardless of his many flaws.

Mean_Green 4 years, 7 months ago

You all are getting off topic bashing Bush, Osama, Clinton, and Regan. The article is about a poor Mexican who came to America (illegally) to "have a better life for him and his family" arrested for breaking the law. Amnesty for all illegals!

whats_going_on 4 years, 7 months ago

You can't blame the employers if they can't tell if their SS no. and green card are counterfeit.

errrrrrrrrrrr....yeah. Pretty sure the IRS would have something to say if an employer actually tried to pay taxes with a fake SSN, or do anything else. : An employer should know better than that, so can't really use that one as an excuse. And, pretty sure you can't use a phony ID (of someone who is already legal) to become legal............

boltzmann 4 years, 7 months ago

" Pretty sure the IRS would have something to say if an employer actually tried to pay taxes with a fake SSN, or do anything else"

Actually they don't. Both the IRS and the Social Security Service get billions of dollars each year from mismatched SSN's - a large fraction of these are from presumable illegal aliens who give false ID. There exists a program, which I think is free, from the Feds, called E-Verify, which supposedly can be used by employers to verify employability, but this program is voluntary, so I don't think that many employers use it as it is to their advantage to not want to know.

whats_going_on 4 years, 7 months ago

I bite my tongue in that case, even though I suppose it is good they are paying taxes? I didn't know it was voluntary, I guess I always thought it was something you had to do. Although, I just see it from my office, where we do that anyway (not that we're in the business of hiring illegals, but you know).

FormerCentralKansan 4 years, 7 months ago

So what frat did he belong to? They LOVE fake IDs there.

whats_going_on 4 years, 7 months ago

haha yeah, pretty sure any college town gains half of their bar revenue from underage people. My brother, before he actually turned 21, had a fake. Cost him like a hundred bucks, and would go through security at airports, etc. It was a Texas ID, his picture, his "birthday" (day and month), his address (albeit in Texas), had the black light barcode thing, and had the hidden indicators on it.

kscityrobber 4 years, 7 months ago

1/3 is correct. I lost my job due to some mexican coming here and doing it for $10 a hour. Compaired to my 22.50 ... thanks to all the illegals my kids will starve..

jafs 4 years, 7 months ago

Why not make the use of e-verify mandatory?