Archive for Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Local saturation patrol announced during Spring Break

March 9, 2010

Douglas County Sheriff's deputies announced they will amp up their patrols next week during spring break.

On Wednesday, March 17, officers will conduct a saturation patrol. Extra sheriff's deputies will be patrolling for impaired drivers, beginning at 7 p.m. through the rest of the night.

Sheriff's Sgt. Steve Lewis said officers also will be looking for drivers who are speeding and not following the state's seat belt and child restraint laws.

"The goal is to reduce the number of deaths, injuries and the economic cost resulting from motor vehicle crashes in Kansas," Lewis said.

Comments

kansasredlegs 4 years, 1 month ago

Drink, Drive, Die - If only impaired killed themselves, then no problem... No sympathy for impaired drivers... It's a choice, not a necessity.... I say go get 'em!!!

cowboy 4 years, 1 month ago

I think their using profiling...just because I'm staggering , wearing blinking green lights , and have a bottle of Jamisons in my hand they think I might be drinking. The nerve of em !

macon47 4 years, 1 month ago

drunk drivers are a great souce of income book em all fine the heck out of them have the trial, and fine them again

ClaroAtaxia 4 years, 1 month ago

Haha, I like how the article doesn't even mention that day is St. Patty's Day.

twobigones 4 years, 1 month ago

Darn ...they are messing with my Cadillac bumper bullets!

Bob Kraxner 4 years, 1 month ago

What in the hell do child restraint laws have to do with college kids driving drunk?? Not a damn thing!! Just another excuse for the pigs to pull somebody over. Why are so many cops such chicken$hits?

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 1 month ago

I was born one mornin', It was drizzlin' rain, Fightin' and trouble are my middle name. I was raised in the canebreak by an ole mamma lion, Ain't no high toned man make me walk the line.

Changed it just a little. Not to worry Cowboy, nothing, but nothing, is going to keep Irish down.

Robert Kiefer 4 years, 1 month ago

Goal #1 to increase revenue, Goal #2 to step on constitution, Goal#3 to save lives!!

maxcrabb 4 years, 1 month ago

Just another reason I love living close to downtown. Now, if they start setting sidewalk saturation patrols... I better watch out!

cowboy 4 years, 1 month ago

Just another example of the Man trying to keep the Irish down !

In all seriousness have a great St Pattys Day and be safe