Archive for Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Local saturation patrol announced during Spring Break

March 9, 2010

Douglas County Sheriff's deputies announced they will amp up their patrols next week during spring break.

On Wednesday, March 17, officers will conduct a saturation patrol. Extra sheriff's deputies will be patrolling for impaired drivers, beginning at 7 p.m. through the rest of the night.

Sheriff's Sgt. Steve Lewis said officers also will be looking for drivers who are speeding and not following the state's seat belt and child restraint laws.

"The goal is to reduce the number of deaths, injuries and the economic cost resulting from motor vehicle crashes in Kansas," Lewis said.

Comments

cowboy 4 years, 5 months ago

Just another example of the Man trying to keep the Irish down !

In all seriousness have a great St Pattys Day and be safe

maxcrabb 4 years, 5 months ago

Just another reason I love living close to downtown. Now, if they start setting sidewalk saturation patrols... I better watch out!

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 5 months ago

I was born one mornin', It was drizzlin' rain, Fightin' and trouble are my middle name. I was raised in the canebreak by an ole mamma lion, Ain't no high toned man make me walk the line.

Changed it just a little. Not to worry Cowboy, nothing, but nothing, is going to keep Irish down.

ClaroAtaxia 4 years, 5 months ago

Haha, I like how the article doesn't even mention that day is St. Patty's Day.

cowboy 4 years, 5 months ago

I think their using profiling...just because I'm staggering , wearing blinking green lights , and have a bottle of Jamisons in my hand they think I might be drinking. The nerve of em !

kansasredlegs 4 years, 5 months ago

Drink, Drive, Die - If only impaired killed themselves, then no problem... No sympathy for impaired drivers... It's a choice, not a necessity.... I say go get 'em!!!