• Crews will be expected to complete reconstruction of the intersection of North Second and Locust streets by July 4. Both lanes are open in each direction along North Second at Locust. Crews are still doing work on North Second at Elm Street.
• The Kansas Turnpike’s East Lawrence interchange, which is Exit 204, remains closed for reconstruction. It is scheduled to reopen by Thanksgiving.
• The city’s annual repaving program continues, with crews working on a number of residential streets. Pavement-patching and road-resurfacing work will cause intermittent delays on streets in North Lawrence.
• The right lane for traffic going north on Iowa Street is set to remain closed this week from Oxford to Yale roads. Harvard Road will be closed to through traffic, from Iowa to Highland Drive; the eastbound lane will have intermittent closures from Westdale Road to Iowa.
• The 900 block of New York Street is closed to through traffic as crews work to restore it as a brick street.
• Crews will continue crack-sealing work, generally on streets east of Iowa Street. Temporary lane closures are expected, but no detours onto other streets are scheduled.
U.S. Highway 24
• Mud Creek bridge along U.S. Highway 24, east of Lawrence Municipal Airport, remains limited to one lane of traffic as crews add pavement to the bridge deck. Expect delays, as traffic is governed by temporary traffic signals expected to be in service until late fall.
• Drivers on the Kansas Turnpike just east of Lawrence are limited to one lane in each direction as crews rebuild turnpike lanes from just east of the interchange to a point just west of the Lawrence service area. The limits will be expected to remain until just before Thanksgiving; the service area is scheduled to remain open throughout construction.
• Westbound I-70 is reduced to one lane from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily except Sundays, extending from 3.3 miles just west of Urish Road to Danbury Lane and also from just east of Carnahan Avenue to the Kansas Turnpike Authority east toll booth plaza, all in Shawnee County, for concrete repair work. Work is scheduled to be finished in October.
• Drivers heading west on I-70, from 110th to 94th streets in Wyandotte County, are limited to a single lane as crews replace pavement near Kansas Speedway and I-70’s connections with Interstate 435. The entire project is expected to last through late summer. The ramp for traffic from westbound I-470 to southbound I-435 remains closed, also until late summer. The ramp for traffic from northbound I-435 to westbound I-70 also remains closed.
• The exit ramp normally used by drivers heading west on I-470 and turning onto Fairlawn Road in Shawnee County is closed as part of an intersection-reconstruction project at 29th Street. The ramp will be closed around the clock into July.
• Exit ramps normally used by drivers on I-470 turning onto 21st Street in Shawnee County will be closed for overnight paving operations through Tuesday.
Kansas Highway 7
• Drivers going north on Kansas Highway 7, from 55th Street/Johnson Drive to Shawnee Mission Parkway in Johnson County, are limited to one lane from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily for realignment work expected to continue through July 2.