Archive for Monday, June 21, 2010

Lawrence man taken to hospital after being stabbed

The victim of a stabbing incident Sunday afternoon was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital with injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening. The victim reported being attacked in the 700 block of Arizona Street.

June 21, 2010

A Lawrence man was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital Sunday afternoon after he reported being cut by another man.

According to Lawrence Police Capt. Ray Urbanek, the incident occurred about 6:30 p.m. in the 700 block of Arizona Street.

The victim reported a man had approached him in his driveway and asked if he was a certain individual. When the man answered yes, the suspect reportedly cut him twice with an unknown instrument. Urbanek said the wounds appeared to be superficial.

The suspect was described as a heavy white man wearing a camouflage hat and driving a purple SUV. Police searched the area and pulled over multiple vehicles fitting the description but did not locate the man.

Police continue to investigate the incident.

Comments

igby 4 years, 6 months ago

How many people are fat, white and drive around in a purple SUV with a cammy hat. hahahahahaha!

Randall Barnes 4 years, 6 months ago

i'm fat and white but no barney suv for me.

nobody1793 4 years, 6 months ago

There could be a lot of them. You just can't tell because of the camouflage...

yankeevet 4 years, 6 months ago

All these stabbers; dont they know they might pick on the wrong person; and be Glockonized!!

cntrygrl 4 years, 6 months ago

"Police searched the area and pulled over multiple vehicles fitting the description but did not locate the man."

That is funny, I'm sorry. I've lived Lawrence for 5 1/2 years and I can honestly say that I've never once seen a fat man in a camo hat driving a Purple SUV. I truly believe that I would remember that!

They really pulled over "Multiple vehicles fitting that description"? Ha!!!

BlackVelvet 4 years, 6 months ago

uh, it didn't say "multiple vehicles fitting the description...." "with a white male wearing a camo hat inside it"....

it said "multiple VEHICLES fitting the description." Each of those vehcicles might have had a different type/description of person(s) inside. but the Vehicle might have been a purple SUV

Alabamastreet 4 years, 6 months ago

K-State fan, clearly. Look for the hideous Power Cat license plate.

fester0420 4 years, 6 months ago

It cracks me up reading the comment. might be the only reason i read the parer anymore. cant beleave the moroinc caments left about everything. makes my day to know there are this many morons around

domino 4 years, 6 months ago

Your spelling and grammar made ME laugh!!

Majestic42 4 years, 6 months ago

Catalog of Ridiculousness: "reading the comment." "the parer" "cant beleave the moroinc caments" Who's the real moroinc?

EarthaKitt 4 years, 6 months ago

Um, Fester....I believe you just thrust yourself amongst the morons.

hedro80 4 years, 6 months ago

Fester you must be a moron because you can't spell.

c_doc77 4 years, 6 months ago

Truth is stranger than fiction, so I don't want to impeach the victim's credibility. But this sort of reminds me of that KU professor who was going to teach Intelligent Design under the guise of modern myths. After taking some heat for it, he shows up to the hospital saying that he was driving out in the country and some hillbillies jumped him. It must have gone something like this:

HILLBILLIES: (yelling out of the window of a beat up Ford) Hey you!...City feller! Pull over!

[Professor pulls over and rolls down the window. Hillbillies approach in a threatening manner.]

HILLBILLIES: Ain't you that teacher what says God ain't real and we was descended from monkeys?

PROFESSOR: Well, I...I was going to teach a course on Intelligent Design...

HILLBILLIES: I knew it was you! Get out of the car!

PROFESSOR: Look, guys. I don't want any trouble...

HILLBILLIES: We said get out!

PROFESSOR: Well, okay. If you insist...

[Professor gets out of car, and hillbillies "commence to rippin' him a new one."]

Clickker 4 years, 6 months ago

Or the downtown business owner that "fell" into an outhouse because he supposedly dropped his wallet down the hole. Right......

think_about_it 4 years, 6 months ago

Isn't that "downtown business owner" a former city commissioner that owns a crappy bbq joint that added a bar recently? That one?

Lisa Rasor 4 years, 6 months ago

Be careful you don't get sued for libel. Besides, it's just a Lawrence urban legend; the person in the outhouse was never identified.

puddleglum 4 years, 6 months ago

anyone remember the press conference at hoch auditorium that said individual had where he produced his pass port and claimed he was out of the country? yeah, homey got stuffed down a toilet for 'failure to pay up'.....IMO

anon1958 4 years, 6 months ago

Some people said that Mirecki was not attacked but I remember seeing a picture at the time where he had obviously been beaten up. Do you doubters think that a well published and respected professor of religious studies paid some thugs to beat him up?

Maybe you think he beat himself up like that captured American pilot in the first Gulf War. After he was freed the pilot explained he banged his head against the wall in order to make the Iraqi's look bad. Now that is seriously hard core and I just dont think that Dr. Mirecki has that kind of personality, and if he did then rednecks everywhere should beware!

BlackVelvet 4 years, 6 months ago

go back and look at the photo of Mirecki. His two black eyes are way too symmetrical. It is probably MAKEUP! Look at the photo carefully! between that and his ludicrous version of what happened.......

c_doc77 4 years, 6 months ago

He was definitely injured, but his story is completely bogus. Just read it. It's nonsense. I'm not going to theorize as to what happened.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 6 months ago

Was the attacker posing as a census worker?

c_doc77 4 years, 6 months ago

Dude, don't even get me started on the census workers. Present company excluded, of course...