Archive for Wednesday, June 9, 2010

KBI searching for missing teenager

June 9, 2010

The Kansas Bureau of Investigation is asking for help finding a missing 16-year-old girl, who was last seen with her stepfather.

Patrick Neal Porter

Patrick Neal Porter

Jordan McKenzie Stuart

Jordan McKenzie Stuart

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Jordan McKenzie Stuart or Patrick Neal Porter is asked to call Overland Park Police at 913-535-3333.

The two were last seen at 10:30 p.m. June 3. They are believed to be driving a white 2003 Ford Expedition with a Kansas University license plate, number 19450.

Stuart is 5 feet 5 inches tall, 120 pounds and has blue eyes and brown hair. She was last seen wearing a sweatshirt, shorts and flip-flops. Porter, 39, is a white man, 5 feet 8 inches tall and 210 pounds.

Comments

garyr 4 years, 2 months ago

What about Stevie Drake ? Is his case just going to be swept under the rug? He has been missing for almost two weeks. Why is the KBI involved in this case, but not in Stevie's? I hope this girl is found alive and well, and her stepdad needs to face charges. But, please don't forget about Stevie!!!

Kelly Johnson 4 years, 2 months ago

I agree. When I saw the headline of this story I thought, "Oh, good, the KBI has gotten involved finally..." Yeah, not so much. It's a totally different case. Of course I hope this girl returns home safely, too, but I don't understand the criteria law enforcement are using to determine the priority of these missing children cases. A 13 y/o on his own is IN DANGER whether he ran away or he was abducted!

monkey_c 4 years, 2 months ago

When I read the headline I was thinking, "about time the authorities started looking for Stevie Drake"...just to be dissappointed and see that was not the story after all. Both missing youths will be in my prayers and their families too.

persevering_gal 4 years, 2 months ago

What trufoodie said...Stevie has been found. He was found in Shawnee County.

youngjayhawk 4 years, 2 months ago

No one is forgetting about SD, but the circumstances are different. SD is a runaway and JMS is an abduction. I am sure everyone hopes for happy endings in both cases.

coop2007 4 years, 2 months ago

According to the facebook group they found Stevie. It was updated about 30 minutes ago.

skybound 4 years, 2 months ago

Stevie Drake WAS found today! But the LJW hasn't even posted breaking news on the story yet! HOW SAD!!

Kelly Johnson 4 years, 2 months ago

Are there any more details about Jordan Stuart? Why do they think she was abducted if she was with her stepdad?

youngjayhawk 4 years, 2 months ago

Glad to hear that SD has been found. Hopefully, his family will seek serious therapeutic help for him, making his mental and emotional health a priority. Let's hope that JMS is returns home unharmed as well.

kjo_shorty 4 years, 2 months ago

You might want to update this being that she was found yesterday.

opobserver 4 years, 2 months ago

You need to update story. Girl and stepfather found in California yesterday.