Archive for Sunday, June 6, 2010

Accident stops westbound traffic on I-70 near Lawrence interchange

An injury accident brought traffic to a halt in the westbound lanes of Interstate 70 near the west Lawrence interchange around 6:10 p.m. Traffic was moving slowly in the westbound lanes as of 6:39 p.m.

June 6, 2010, 6:18 p.m. Updated June 6, 2010, 6:39 p.m.

An injury accident has forced traffic to stop in the westbound lanes of Interstate 70 near the west Lawrence interchange.

The accident occurred about 6:10 p.m. and emergency crews were en route to the scene within minutes.

Douglas County emergency dispatchers said medics on scene confirmed three people suffered minor injuries during the accident but no one required transportation to a hospital.

As of 6:39 p.m., traffic was reportedly moving slowly in the westbound lanes.

A semi truck was blocking traffic and drivers were being directed to take the 202 exit to get around the accident while emergency crews worked to clear the scene.

Check back to LJWorld.com for more information as it becomes available.

Comments

booklover 4 years, 10 months ago

I sure hope everyone is OK. When you take that 202 exit, where do you end up and how do you get back to Lawrence?

jackpot 4 years, 10 months ago

It's west Lawrence exit. You can't go under the exit bridge westbound. You take the exit go around the roundabout and back westbound on the turnpike.

jackpot 4 years, 10 months ago

The exit is fine 202 west Lawrence was still open. Traffic is back to normal by 7:15. I can see from the house. You can take the exit 1/2 way around the roundabout and go to Topeka 3/4 around and exit by Hallmart.

RKLOG 4 years, 10 months ago

I wish that they would get their shift together and fix that part of the turnpike, already. I could have done it all by myself in the time they've been monkeying around with it.

windjammer 4 years, 10 months ago

Roll up another log RKLOG that one didn't do the trick. Or better yet get off the drugs.

NotASquishHead 4 years, 10 months ago

I really enjoyed all of the f-bombs at approximately 23 seconds into the video clip. What a classy individual and great job catching that World Company...

Xwards 4 years, 10 months ago

I got on the turnpike at the west Lawrence interchange about 5:30 or so. Glad I missed the wreck. I saw plenty of state troopers heading east at a high rate of speed and lights a flashing even around Emporia.