Kansas City, Mo. The Chiefs have signed both of their second-round draft picks, wide receiver Dexter McCluster and defensive back Javier Arenas.
However, as of Wednesday night the Chiefs still hadn’t signed first-round selection Eric Berry, a safety who is expected to become an instant starter.
Terms of the contracts for McCluster and Arenas weren’t released.
The 5-foot-8, 170-pound McCluster caught 130 passes for 1,703 yards and seven touchdowns for Mississippi.
Arenas had 154 tackles and six interceptions in 52 games for Alabama.
The Chiefs also signed 6-foot-3 tight end Leroy Banks, who was awarded to Kansas City via a waiver claim.
In other NFL news:
• The Chargers’ Antonio Gates hauled in the biggest contract ever given to an NFL tight end. Gates agreed to a $36.175 million, five-year contract extension, with $20.4 million guaranteed.
• Cornerback Aaron Glenn signed a one-day contract with the Texans with the intent of retiring with his hometown team.
• The Jets have signed veteran QB Mark Brunell, who backed up Drew Brees last season for the Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints, to a two-year contract.
• Defensive linemen Shaun Rogers and C.J. Mosley will start training camp on the Browns’ physically unable to perform list. Second-year cornerback Coye Francies also is on the list due to an undisclosed injury.
• First-round draft choice Devin McCourty signed a five-year deal with New England.
• Second-round draft choice Golden Tate says he and the Seattle Seahawks have agreed to a multiyear contract.
• The Texans have signed fourth-round pick Garrett Graham, a tight end out of Wisconsin.
• The Carolina Panthers signed quarterback Jimmy Clausen to a four-year contract that includes $2.53 million in guarantees.
• The Washington Redskins will open training camp today without offensive lineman Mike Williams, who is out for the year after a blood clot was discovered in his lungs.
• The Patriots have released injury-plagued linebacker Shawn Crable.
• The Rams have signed second-round draft pick Rodger Saffold, a tackle expected to be a cornerstone of the offensive line for years to come. The Rams also signed sixth-round selection Fendi Onobun, a tight end from Houston.
• The Bills have agreed to a contract with rookie second-round draft pick, defensive tackle Torell Troup.
• Albert Haynesworth finally showed up for work — and quickly learned the Redskins won’t be cutting him any slack. On the eve of the first day of training camp, Haynesworth ended his months-long boycott of the team by meeting Wednesday morning with coach Mike Shanahan. Shanahan said Haynesworth must pass a conditioning test in order to practice.
• The Saints have signed third-round draft pick Jimmy Graham.