Archive for Thursday, July 22, 2010

CBS to launch new daytime talk show

July 22, 2010

— CBS will take a new view of daytime after the end of “As the World Turns.”

When the soap opera concludes its 54-year run in September, it will be replaced by an hour-long daily talk show with six celebrity co-hosts — all women, an echo of ABC’s popular “The View” series.

CBS announced Wednesday that the hosts of the as-yet untitled daytime show include Sharon Osbourne; Sara Gilbert of TV’s “Roseanne” fame; Holly Robinson Peete from “Celebrity Apprentice;” Broadway actress Marissa Jaret Winokur; Leah Remini of “The King of Queens;” and Julie Chen, who hosts CBS’ “Big Brother” and “The Early Show.”

Gilbert developed the program, which will be the network’s only daytime talk show, and is its executive producer. It’s set for a fall debut, but a specific date was not announced.

The show will take a moms’ view of entertainment and news stories. The hosts all have children, ranging in age from infants to adults.

Comments

blindrabbit 3 years, 9 months ago

Your list started out OK but went downhill and tanked with Coulter. What an obnoxious person, regardless of your politics. Little, spoiled, rich B from the elite East.

Agnostick 3 years, 9 months ago

Great show... bad choice of hosts.

Let's liven it up a bit.

1) Roseanne Barr

2) Rosie O'Donnell

3) Joan Rivers

4) Lil' Kim

5) Kate Gosselin

6) Ann Coulter

blindrabbit 3 years, 9 months ago

Maybe that's where Campbell Brown is going since she departed CNN yesterday. Pretty savvy and not bad to look at as well.

Ray Parker 3 years, 9 months ago

Sara Gilbert is a lesbian pervert.

Shane Garrett 3 years, 9 months ago

Wow, the collective intelligence level and critical thinking skills of the above mentioned group should offer in depth political and social commentary. I wonder if their first show will be to analyze the bomb shell breaking news of why Mel Gibson is so mean to others. I suggest they should also talk about the soon to be come back of Linsey Lohan. I know I will just have to tape this kind of new television programming. Sic.

grammaddy 3 years, 9 months ago

Yay! Sarah Gilbert is my favorite "Roseanne" kid. This should be good. I wonder what they will do about Oprah's spot since the new season is being billed as her farewell season.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 9 months ago

The bottom of the creativity barrel has been reached.

Tom Shewmon 3 years, 9 months ago

"...with six celebrity co-hosts — all women, an echo of ABC’s popular “The View” series."

I have a confidential source who told me the show will be entitled, "As The Stomach Churns".

I didn't make this up.

independant1 3 years, 9 months ago

As the World Turns gone? Oh the inhumanity of it all. What are we going to do? Well at least we still have All My Children.