Archive for Monday, July 19, 2010

Mother of Congressman Jerry Moran dies at 93

July 19, 2010

— The mother of Kansas Congressman Jerry Moran has died at the age of 93.

Moran's U.S. Senate campaign staff says Madeline Eleanor Moran died Saturday at the Rooks County Health Center in the northwest Kansas town of Plainville. The family did not list a cause of death.

According to an obituary in The Hays Daily News, Madeline Moran was a retired clerk and had lived in Plainville for 50 years.

The funeral is scheduled for 10 a.m. Wednesday at the United Methodist Church in Plainville.

Besides her congressman son, she is survived by her husband, Raymond; a daughter in McLean, Va.; and four grandchildren.

Jerry Moran represents the state's 1st Congressional District. He's currently seeking the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate in the Aug. 3 primary.

Comments

BruceWayne 4 years, 1 month ago

I am sure several 90+ folks passed today. why is this news?

Terry Jacobsen 4 years, 1 month ago

My condolences to Mr. Moran and his family.

Romans832 4 years, 1 month ago

"This guy doesn't even represent our district. Who cares."

Not at the moment, no, but he is running for U.S. Senator from Kansas, so it's possible he will in November. By the way, I care, because she is an irreplaceable soul, just like my mother or yours.

Cynthia Schott 4 years, 1 month ago

How unbelievably heartless of you two! You think it makes it less painful losing someone over 90? My condolences to the family of Madeline Moran.

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 1 month ago

Jerry Moran is newsworthy because of his campaign to be Senator from this state. Just because YOU don't think it's newsworthy that his mother died doesn't mean others don't feel that way. The loss of a mother for anyone is an important event. I don't like Moran or Tiahrt. But neither do I wish to be associated with people as heartless, cruel and callous as you two have been. Grow a heart.

BruceWayne 4 years, 1 month ago

I did not intend to sound heartless, cruel, or callous. My point was that people lose loved ones everyday and it is not news.that is all.sorry if anyone was offended.