Archive for Sunday, July 18, 2010

Two arrested after altercation downtown

July 18, 2010

Two men were arrested early Sunday morning after a fight in downtown Lawrence.

According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Ted Bordman, officers were dispatched to the intersection of Seventh and Massachusetts streets in reference to a fight about 2:19 a.m.

Two 26-year-old Manhattan men were involved in a verbal argument with several other men, which then escalated into a physical altercation. The suspects struck a 21-year-old Leawood man and a 21-year-old Lawrence man during the fight.

The Leawood man suffered a broken tooth and minor lacerations during the incident. He was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital to be treated for his injuries.

The suspect who broke the victim's tooth was booked into the Douglas County Jail about 2:43 a.m. on charges of aggravated battery. The other Manhattan man was booked into the jail on charges of simple battery.

Comments

bearded_gnome 3 years, 9 months ago

upon further reflection, I also should have said that it does my heart good to see a son or daughter [I1] so proud of mawma.

bearded_gnome 3 years, 9 months ago

I1: Carefull there, the lady in Wichita is my mom.

---ah! now I know how to properly read your postings in the future, thanks! the nut doesn't usually fall far from the tree.
lol.

the paper could do an investigation into all the crazy stuff happening these recent days. you know, they could test the water, talk to psychologists, analyze the solar radiation, ask the ghost hunters, etc.
we've had from burrito rage to car ramming and a lot between.

on this thread it seems to be more about Quigs' hemorrhoids than about two dudes loosening up downtown.

quigs, if it's so bad, please just move to say liberal kansas, okay?

kantubek 3 years, 9 months ago

friggin summer heat is driving everyone to insanity

Julian1221 3 years, 9 months ago

is this the same huskerpower on kcsr?

huskerpower 3 years, 9 months ago

Maybe the so-called rising violence in Lawrence isn't what it seams....

10-15 years ago if a fight between 4 guys breaks out on Mass (no guns, knives, etc...) how many people hear about it?

Sure there is an upward trend in crime (statistics show that), but media definitely doesn't make things seem any more peaceful...

And aggravated battery for a late night brawl? Just because he chipped a guys tooth he get's slapped with a felony?!

Just my .02

jstthefacts 3 years, 9 months ago

Hey, a good old fashion fight the way it ought to be. No guns, no stabbings.

Quigly 3 years, 9 months ago

HA , You people know it's true. All that Lawrence folk do is blame everyone else. I was born and raised in Ltown. I LOVE AMERICA. All of you "Love Lawrence or leave it" are enablers. I grow the food you, YES JOCO YUPPIES, eat at the farmers market. I love lawrence with all of my heart. The fact of the matter is that everyone who lives in this town beg for outside money. And when crime happens Lawrence is the first to go "It wasn't us. Wasn't me, must have been from Topeka, Eudora KC, everywhere but our own home town. BTW, MacHeath has got it down. Talk crap and you better except whats coming after that. And yeah it was pretty early in the morning, I didn't have to be so cranky. I am not trying to take this seriously at all. I am just pointing out that our beautiful town is no different than any other when it comes to crime. Funny, in Topeka you get jacked and shot, but in Lawrence you go for a bike ride and end up dead. You take a walk down Mass street and next thing you know a bunch of jocks jump out of a van a beat the crap out of you. Just sayin thats all. And really, does QC have a wall around their city? WOW, learn sumthin new every day. Watch it Lawrence, the Nightman cometh!

Bob Kraxner 3 years, 9 months ago

Mac, you're right... my, how times... and journalists, have changed ! Go Quigley !!

MacHeath 3 years, 9 months ago

Sounds like the Lawrence dudes got their butts kicked. Dang, when I was that age, you opened your mouth, got beat up or not, and went home. It didn't end up in the paper.

Alabamastreet 3 years, 9 months ago

Quigly comes from the land down under, where women glow and men plunder - aka Mancrappin'.

bearded_gnome 3 years, 9 months ago

wow, did somebody pull up and urinate on Quig's lawn? [see yesterday's article from wichita about a womyn on a wacky crime wave!].

I was just wondering as I read the article: do the two Manhattan men have Topeka cuzins??

and I sure ain't a yuppie.

in yesterday's online edition there was a much larger number of articles about crazy people doing crazy things. this article is rather tame compared to most of them!

nschmi04 3 years, 9 months ago

You are taking this way to serious, Quigly. Accept the Mancrappy folks for what you are and move on. No need for you to start an argument you can't win.

Quigly 3 years, 9 months ago

The rest of the crime articles are all about Lawrence people. So Maybe we should round up all of them and send them to Manhattan?. Just like the homeless thing, git rid of the unwanted. Sounds like 1970's USSR to me. Oh I'm soar, this is Lawrence. This is town that is so rightoues and caring. Go back to JoCo Or WyCO. And if you tell me you have lived here your whole life I believe you are full of those nasty guacamole jelly beans and I hope they make you fart. That way you can smell you own intolerant farts

netetrader61 3 years, 9 months ago

ladies and gentlemen, in order to thanks for our company ( w w w.n e t e t r a d e r.c o m/ )new and order costomers,my boss make a determind that you can get a best discount and a free gift if you shall buy something from our company this month. i hope you may buy something early from our company. so stay tuned!!! im looking forward to your early place an order. (w w w.n e t e t r a d e r.c o m/ ) Following are some of the famous brands that we can supply: 1. Footwear: all brand name sport shoes, children shoes, EVA clogs, beach slipper, climbing shoes, canvas shoes, Kid shoes, etc. 2. Apparel: all brands Tag T-shirts, shirts, coat, jacket, hoody, Jeans, shorts, Children Clothing, Baby Clothing, underwear, etc. 3. Accessories: All brands Handbags, Wallets, Purse, Sunglasses, Watches, Caps, BIKINI, Hair straightener, etc. We sincerely find serious partners and establish a long-term business relationship. Please email us freely at any time and we are on the service for you, if you are interested in our products, please contact us ! w w w.n e t e t r a d e r.c o m/ finally,i wish you happy every day and lucky forever. 2

Quigly 3 years, 9 months ago

By the way, what about this???http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2010/jul... Sounds like a Larry to me. But I ma sure we came find something that states he is from somewhere els since Lawrence is just peaches and cream spoiled, overpriced cream that is

Quigly 3 years, 9 months ago

go back to Aggieville? Why don't you build a wall around Larrytown and that way we can fight each other instead of worrying about outsiders. Seems to me most Lawrence folk need go home after dark. Home invasions. Drive-by shooting. Way to segregate yourself. I think we need to put up lasers around the outskirts in town, give everyone a micro chip in there head. If you are not from that special and wonderful town of Lawrence then you get fried. Why don't we do what NOPD does on the end night of MArdi Gras and get on horses and shove people off of Mass. St after the bars close. I got a ranch outside of Lawrence because it is no different then Topeka or KC. OH wait maybe we should just go ahead and get rid of Douglas county and call it JOCO. Lawrence is no better than any one else. LarryTowns head is way to big. But hey, ignorance is a great way to blame other people except your own. Pompous yuppies.

independant1 3 years, 9 months ago

Multiple choice

a. in town for the frisbee golf tourney b. cage match wanna bees c. alchohol black out d. tweakers missed exit on I-70 e. all of the above

yankeevet 3 years, 9 months ago

Send these boys too Afganistan if they want too fight.............

greenworld 3 years, 9 months ago

What are these guys from Manhattan doing to Lawrence anyway?? Was there a KU-Kstate game or event? They arent allowed in Lawrence after dark...go back to Aggieville.