Archive for Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lawrence man arrested after threatening to hit couple with vehicle

July 17, 2010

A 28-year-old Lawrence man was arrested Saturday morning after he reportedly tried to strike two people with his vehicle.

According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Ted Bordman, a man and woman were walking together when the suspect drove up to them. The driver appeared to be attempting to strike the two walking and they were forced to jump out of the way to avoid being hit.

Bordman said the suspect then continued to threaten the two.

The suspect left his vehicle and walked away on foot before being apprehended in the 1300 block of Connecticut Street.

The man was booked into the Douglas County Jail about 4 a.m. on charges of aggravated assault and criminal threat.

Comments

bearded_gnome 4 years, 5 months ago

wow, the "staff" of the "staff reports" seems to need a spelling and grammar check! "he was booking" into the jail ... so he was in a hurry to get in thar?

A 28-year-old Lawrence man was arrested Saturday morning after reportedly attempted to strike two people with his vehicle.

---attempted write this here artikle.

Snap, Volvo? does USD497 have a plan to upgrade some land in that neighborhood like on the east side of Central JHS?
is there a drainage problem there to be documented with pictures on a pathetic ljworld blog?

or ... maybe there are Ravens living in that neighborhood!

that's got to be it.

wmathews 4 years, 5 months ago

Thanks for pointing out the errors. I've updated the story and you should see the changes if you refresh the page.

Whitney Mathews Online Editor

Phil Minkin 4 years, 5 months ago

Busy night for theatening folks, this one with a car and another with a knife at Burito King. Must be the heat and stupidity. Both booked around 4am.

Steve Miller 4 years, 5 months ago

what was his name ? thats what we want to know...

ralphralph 4 years, 5 months ago

There's a certain boy Who's been threat'nin' me A long, long time.

What's is name? We can't tell ya. Aww!

bearded_gnome 4 years, 5 months ago

good job Whitney! far too often our english language is just becoming a mess around us.
I do appreciate your taking corrections.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 5 months ago

well thar Jesse, I nevr claimed 2 b a publcation.

grimpeur 4 years, 5 months ago

Listen up, people. Threatening people, in here or on the street, with a deadly weapon like a car is a good way to end up dead.

Yes, it is a deadly weapon.

martyks 4 years, 5 months ago

It's good to know that trying to hit someone with your car is against the law and, in Lawrence, if you do that, you will be prosecuted! From now on, when I am driving and I get angry at couples, (and I know this will happen... it always does around 4 a.m.), I am going to do my best not to let my temper take over to the point where I might aim my car at them. From this point forward, I vow to get out of the car and slowly back away, or even better, to find another way to express my anger, maybe by honking my horn or rolling down my window and screaming a few obsenities, or perhaps both. But please, people, do not try to hit others with your car, even if they deserve it. It's just not worth it.