Archive for Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Library project goes to voters

A proposed expansion to the Lawrence Public library includes a renovated entrance on Vermont Street, shown in this artist’s rendering.

July 7, 2010

Library expansion will be decided by voters

City commissioners decided to put the $18 million expansion on the ballot in November. Enlarge video

Now available on the new-arrivals shelf of the Lawrence Public Library: An election.

City commissioners Tuesday unanimously agreed to place on the Nov. 2 ballot an $18 million plan to expand the library at 707 Vt.

“What it comes down to, in my mind, is great communities provide great amenities,” City Commissioner Rob Chestnut said.

The proposal would require a 1.5 mill increase in the city’s property tax rate for 20 years to construct the building and another 0.5 mill increase to operate the larger library. Commissioners acknowledged some may not believe now is the right time to ask voters to approve a tax increase, but they said cramped conditions at the 39-year-old library required action.

“We’re in challenging times, but sometimes you have to step aside and look forward,” Commissioner Lance Johnson said.

Among the specific features included in the proposed expansion are:

• The library would grow by 20,000 square feet to about 66,500 square feet, and all areas would be upgraded. The existing library would be extended about 30 feet closer to Vermont Street. New space also would stretch south down Vermont into parts of the existing parking lot.

• The children’s area of the library would double in size, and would include a separate space for young adults.

• A three-level parking garage would be built on a portion of the current parking lot. The garage would have 250 spaces, up from 125 currently. Parking would account for about $4.3 million of the project’s costs.

• Meeting space in the library would double, and would be arranged to allow for up to nine separate meeting rooms and six reading rooms.

• A drive-through book drop-off and service window would be added to the west side of the library.

• The reconfigured library would have room for 100 additional public access computers.

No one from the public spoke against the proposal Tuesday night. But commissioners did receive a proposal to use the city’s proceeds from the countywide 1-cent sales tax to fund the project rather than raising property taxes.

Commissioners did not spend much time with that idea, saying voters viewed that sales tax as being set aside for parks and recreation types of projects.

Library leaders said they’ll now begin campaigning for approval of the library proposal. A separate campaign group has been formed and has a steering committee of 92 people, co-chair Alice Ann Johnston said.

“We have just kept hearing that the library has been a center for our community to come together, and we want to have enough room in the future to do that,” Johnston said.

Comments

justforfun 4 years, 5 months ago

Chris Ogle 4 years, 5 months ago

Isn't Lawrence special..... Spend it like you got it

KS 4 years, 5 months ago

What an ugly building. This will be dated before it is completed. For $18 million, one would think they could add a little brick and mortar. I vote "NO".

Pete_Schweti 4 years, 5 months ago

All the motivation I could ever need to show up at the polls this November.

I can only hope there will be a selection for "Hell No!" on the ballot.

youngjayhawk 4 years, 5 months ago

I'm excited for the expansion; it's long overdue ... voting YES!

Al Deathe 4 years, 5 months ago

If they build a new Library maybe they can take the old books and fill all the pot holes they can't afford to fix. How about taking that money and spend it on putting this city back together after years of neglect due to uncontrolled spending. If you don't have the money, STOP spending it!!

Jeteras 4 years, 5 months ago

yes yes yes,, what a beautiful building it is,, the hobo's and beggars will have a nice place to sit and drink their whiskey and beer and grope women as they walk by,,, I really, really like the roof,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, FOR ME TO POOP ON!!

no_thanks 4 years, 5 months ago

What an absolute waste of resources. Investing in an "amenity" that is utilized less and less each year. Not to mention they already receive $3MM per year of our property taxes. Isn't that enough money to renovate and operate the library?

monheim 4 years, 5 months ago

"Isn't that enough money to renovate and operate the library?"

I dunno, why don't you get off your butt and look for a breakdown of the library budget? I'm sure it's public record.

no_thanks 4 years, 5 months ago

Thinking_Out_Loud 4 years, 5 months ago

Nonsense, no_thanks. Indeed, there have been several reports in this very paper that usership at the LPL has been increasing, not decreasing. This reflects a national trend. Besides, a democratic society demands an informed populace. A public library is a cost-effective means for providing access to relevant informational and cultural materials.

cato_the_elder 4 years, 5 months ago

For anyone who knows anything about the the present condition of our state and national economies and many of the major economies around the world, this proposal is close to insane. Was there any public opposition? Did not even one of our City Commissioners point out that our statewide sales tax went up one percent on July 1, from 5.3% to 6.3%? Even if it's on the November ballot, how much will this election cost the City? When will any City Commissioner grow a pair and do the job for which he was elected instead of simply passing the buck to the voters?

esteshawk 4 years, 5 months ago

Why does the idea of placing this on the ballot to let the taxpayers decide make so many angry? If most taxpayers want this, it will be built. If most don't, it won't. Seems about as fair as it can get. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't give you license to disparage, especially since all I've seen here are unsubstantiated opinions. "Waste of resources" - um, it's an investment in the city that will last a long time, and is the cheapest alternative instead of tearing down and building a whole new building.

Years of uncontrolled spending? This is going to a vote of the people. Can't really give the people more control than that.

Beggars? You would truly rather not have any public gathering spaces because of a a few people that are . . . below you?

What a bunch of whiners. And the fact is, most of those complaining will not bother to show up and actually vote.

gatekeeper 4 years, 5 months ago

If 51% pass it, the remaining 49% of us have to pay for it too. I'm cool with the expansion if it isn't paid for with my tax dollars. I never use the library and shouldn't be paying for an expansion. Do some fundraising and let the people that use it contribute to expanding it.

inglec 4 years, 5 months ago

The article mention a three story parking garage, my question is will you have to pay to park in the parking garage at the library like you do now? Why haven't the powers to be who run the library thought of doing some fundraising event to help with the cost instead hiking on more property tax when many people are struggling now on meeting their financial obligations as it is. I am all for improvements, but this is bad economically time to be asking the taxpayers to fork over more money that they may not have.

SettingTheRecordStraight 4 years, 5 months ago

How about placing a tax decrease to the voters. Why don't we ever get that option?

jayhawklawrence 4 years, 5 months ago

Great communities have robust economies where people don't buy what they cannot afford to pay for.

p>CityData.com compiled cost of living statistics for Lawrence and the surrounding communities. Household income has grown 12% in Lawrence since 2000. Housing costs have increased 52% during the same time. Estimated median household income in 2007: $38,826 (it was $34,669 in 2000) Lawrence: $38,826 / Topeka: $41,662 / Olathe: $69,366 / Kansas: $47,451 Estimated median house or condo value in 2007: $171,100 (it was $112,800 in 2000) Lawrence: $171,100 / Topeka: $92,100 / Olathe: $190,600 / Kansas: $121,200 Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2007: 20.7% Lawrence: 20.7% / Topeka: 15.3% / Olathe: 4.3%

Think about it. 20% of our community is living in poverty and our cost of living is already about the highest in the state compared to our median income. We have been driving away business and economic development for years because of our no growth, socialist tendencies. We would rather collect government money than support real business activity.

How ironic that when a bunch of rational citizens stand up and complain about the idiotic tax hikes they are called whiners.

I think a lot of talented and capable people are starting to look toward greener pastures.

headdoctor 4 years, 5 months ago

I have just three questions that was not answered in the article.

1. Is the parking garage spaces going to be charged for or metered?

2. How much tax payers money is going to be be spent campaigning directly or indirectly for this project?

3. How much of this parking garage was Doug Compton and friend's idea with the intent of focusing on their future developments with the Library just being a secondary consideration?

Chinaman 4 years, 5 months ago

Is Rob Chestnut out of his mind? You can’t spend what you don’t have. That was the lesson my parents taught me. Lawrence City Council, make do with what you have.

Tax payer money isn’t a Visa card you can whip out and buy whatever you want. The economy is still in the tank…even in Lawrence. Vote “No”

jayhawklawrence 4 years, 5 months ago

Here is the updated 2008 poverty information for Lawrence. Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2008: 25.8% It is getting worse. I imagine it is much worse now that we are deep into the Great Recession.

Anybody who votes for a tax hike for something we don't need at this time is just not living in the real world.

JSeraphim 4 years, 5 months ago

I was just thinking that the library looks exactly the same as it did when I was a small child - as I was taking my own small child there for story time yesterday. I think a change would be good! I vote yes.

Moderateguy 4 years, 5 months ago

And all the KU students will show up and vote "What the heck; sounds good to me. I like libraries. I'm graduating next year so I won't be paying for it." The rest of us who own property in this town will be paying for something we don't really need and most never use.

Steve Jacob 4 years, 5 months ago

What reason will students/dems vote in 2010? They for sure will not turn out like they did in 2008 for the "T" vote.

I will vote no, and will laugh when sometime between now and election day, the school board raises the mill levy even more, hurting the library cause even more. Libraries are obsolete, but if they wanted money for just new computers, I'd be fine with that.

cowboy 4 years, 5 months ago

When you start talking about this type of expansion of a service that is in less demand each day you must question the city management's priorities. Flanders has resurrected this circus after being deferred in past instances. Man up Coreless and tell this guy to chill out. This could take up most of the oxygen supply for the city when it seems to me there are many other priorities that need attention. The Library Board is acting in poor form bringing forth this proposal given the current state of the economy. The pain at the state level will become really tought this coming year and the city is the tail on this dog and it will get tougher. I can only imagine the city employees getting laid off and walking by the under construction library .

irvan moore 4 years, 5 months ago

i love the library, great resource for our citizens but we have to be realistic. the parking garage should not be a part of a library bond, it's not library parking, it's city parking. I think there's a plan out there a few years in the future that this is the groundwork for. am I paranoid, you bet i am.

jafs 4 years, 5 months ago

Good point about the parking.

That's a large part of why the current library parking is difficult.

LadyJ 4 years, 5 months ago

Will I have already received my Property Tax bill by then, if not, can I find out what it will be?

mr_right_wing 4 years, 5 months ago

Here is one firm NO vote.

But, let's bring it back up in another year or two, if Obama gets us back on track financially I'll be happy to reconsider.

Until then...turnips.

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 5 months ago

This thing will pass with 70%. Nice to see the whiners awake this morning.

50YearResident 4 years, 5 months ago

From my point of view it will "fail" by 70% so we will see who is right at election time.

50YearResident 4 years, 5 months ago

At some point taxing the people has to reach a reach the limit and I think the limit has now been reached. This year alone sales tax was raised, school taxes are going up, property taxes are higher and the budget has been raised for the "Farmland Folly" and the new shelter. Now the city wants only $18 million more for the Library with the ugly shelter house looking roof extension. This is not the time for another expense to the taxpayers. I suspect all the people excited about this project do not own any property that will be affected by increased tax. As indicated in some posts they are tempory residents that will be leaving town in less than 4 years and will never pay 1 cent toward the Library construction. I vote "NO" We are in a recession that some of you may not be aware of.

fan4kufootball 4 years, 5 months ago

I use the library from time to time but I still feel that we cannot afford this increase in the tax levy. The federal, state and city government does not get it. They keep increasing the tax rate whether it be income, sales and/or property taxes and it takes more and more dollars from the household incomes. The problem is that the household incomes do not increase with all of the tax increases. All of these "little" tax increases add up and the taxpayers are suffering. We are crying out for HELP!.....and no one is listening.

Now - if the library can rasie the dollars through fundraisers then I say go for it but NO MORE NEW TAXES!!!!

oldtimer39 4 years, 5 months ago

I think it's very telling that all of you naysayers on library expansion don't show up to the meeting where YOUR COMMENTS ACTUALLY MATTER but instead use this comment board to sound off on the issue. If you want your point of view to be taken seriously, why not express it in an arena where it can actually make a difference? Or am I giving you too much credit in thinking that you really want to better our community instead of just complaining about the things you don't like?

By the way, the library expansion proposal looks and sounds great - I'll be voting YES and looking forward to it.

Tammy Copp-Barta 4 years, 5 months ago

Cause some of us are working extra jobs during the evenings and weekends to make ends meet as it is! More taxes means more strain on those of us who are already at the breaking point.

gatekeeper 4 years, 5 months ago

Yep, I was at work. Would have loved to have gone to give my opinion. But the city only had time last night to discuss it.

hail2oldku 4 years, 5 months ago

funkdog1 is from Chicago, and possibly already dead, so he can vote as often as he likes.

Hoots 4 years, 5 months ago

We can't afford to take care of what we already have. Basic needs for repairs aren't met. They are out of their minds. Yeah, my house is falling down so I'll by a new big screen plasma to put inside. What do they not understand about taking care of basic services and needs first? Worst economy I've seen in my life and they want more of what I have less of.

Amy Heeter 4 years, 5 months ago

It would be cheaper to contract a shuttle to Topeka and I hear they have a fine shelter there too.

craigers 4 years, 5 months ago

This is insane. During economic hard times, we must not expand but simply do what we can to maintain. During the current times we have individuals living in poverty level like mentioned above, people not getting raises, people getting laid off and then our city commissioners want to expand and further burden a group of tax payers that are almost overwhelmed as it is.

"We're in challenging times, but sometimes you have to step aside and look forward."

Why is it that the governing people don't understand that if you are in challenging times you buckle down, not keep spending? Our future could look brighter and we all could look forward to it if the economy recovers and the taxed population can bear this burden. As of right now, we cannot.

Centerville 4 years, 5 months ago

If you'd like to see what 100 more computers will do for us, take a day trip to the Topeka library. Then vote no.

puddleglum 4 years, 5 months ago

no, no, and HELL NO! too many taxes already. Library is full of bums and homeless-this town already incubates homeless transient scum- Downtown is full of beggars, crusty punks and scuzz., do we need to give them one more reason to set up camp here? somebody, someday needs to rain down a downpour and wash all the filth off these streets. how about a dragstrip instead? no bums would be hanging out at a dragstrip.

d_prowess 4 years, 5 months ago

Like many here, I don't like the timing of this project, but as oldtimer39 mentioned above, not a single person went to the meeting to oppose the project. That just says it all. This will pass...

50YearResident 4 years, 5 months ago

I am happy this is going to a vote and that is exactly what we needed to determine once and for all if the public wants and supports a new Library. I personally think it is simply a matter of economics. It is not currently affordable for Lawrence Taxpayers. Vote No!

d_prowess 4 years, 5 months ago

I am torn about the vote. While I agree with you that it gives the public a voice in this decision, I also think that we vote for city commissioners to make the best decisions for the city based on all of the information. You know the majority of voters for this issue will not be fully informed on the budget implications, the library needs, etc. So what is better, to vote people into office based on our belief that they will act in our best interests, or just have the people vote on everything regardless of their level of interest (i.e. the student argument used by others here) or their level of knowledge (i.e. the general population)? I don't know...

broddie 4 years, 5 months ago

It's okay to get robbed by Weisman's contractor buddies and spend $14 million on a set of concrete bleaches, but it's not okay to spend the same amount on a Library?

Oh, that's right, you only go there to check out videos. And you wonder why we're losing out to other cities. Or should I have said "loosing?" That's how you tea-baggers spell the word, right?

You people are the reason Kansas remains a joke for the rest of the nation.

gatekeeper 4 years, 5 months ago

I'm as liberal as they come and say hell no to expanding the library. They never even finished repaving the roads in N. Lawrence that they promised to fix after the hell we went through with the intersection being redone (the detour route is still in shambles), and I'm supposed to pay for a library I will never use? I use the streets every day, but they won't redo them.

We keep losing out to other cities because we've had incompetent leaders in Lawrence since I moved here 20 years ago. It has nothing to do with tea baggers (not a lot of those in Lawrence if you haven't figured it out).

somedude20 4 years, 5 months ago

With the internet going strong (unless you get your advice from Prince) there is no real reason to spend the money on this boondoggle. The homeless shelter will be moving far away so the "homeless" will have a harder time trying to smoke the books. College kids? Hell, they are the one group of consumers who don't want what they are paying for and KU has a rather large library, so who is this for?

Mari Aubuchon 4 years, 5 months ago

When this discussion began several years ago, the fact that the size of the existing collection and new acquisitions were inadequate was brought up repeatedly. I have not heard or read anything about expansion of the collection during the past year. Even the library website does not include this as a goal.

Will this be part of the plan?

Tammy Copp-Barta 4 years, 5 months ago

Question ... why DO KU students get to vote on long term projects that involves property tax increases when they are not property owners? Just curious ....

pantheon 4 years, 5 months ago

Why do asian people get to vote on elections of white people? Why do women get to vote for men? Why do cripples get to vote for stairs? Why do christians get to vote on the library?

Welcome to America, the land of equality and democracy.

CreatureComforts 4 years, 5 months ago

Interesting, I figured at least one of the 29,000+ students at KU owned property in Lawrence, but apparently your exhaustive research has concluded otherwise. My bad.

honestlil 4 years, 5 months ago

Thank you, Mayor and City Commission, for unanimously supporting the public referendum on the library expansion and renovation. Our family supports this wise use of tax dollars, which will generate tremendous community benefits for decades to come, and we will proudly and joyfully vote YES in November.

Tammy Copp-Barta 4 years, 5 months ago

NO! Community benefits would be paying more salaries for better teachers to teach our kids so they don't end up in the freakin' mess we're in in the US right now. The library isn't going to do that! I vote for our KIDS!! Let's get public education back on track so they can READ the books at the library!!!

sherlock 4 years, 5 months ago

someone brought up a proposal to use the countrywide 1-cent sales tax to fund the project, rather than raising property tax. Soon the swiming pool will be paid off and this tax will NO doubt go to building either a wellness center or rec. center out west (with 6 basketball courts) which seem less important than a library. However the city comm. stated voters" viewed that sales tax as being used for parks and recreation projects" Perhaps there should be a Vote on what that sales tax is spent on! After so many years in which it should have had a sunset date anyway, that somehow got overlooked at vote time. Do we really need a huge rec. center now?

Cindy Wallace 4 years, 5 months ago

I vote that Property Owner's be the only participant's to vote for ANYTHING that will increase property taxes!

50YearResident 4 years, 5 months ago

Maybe the solution is to move some of the non book services from the current library to the old library building at 9th & Vermont. This would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Utilize existing facilities with money already at hand.

Mari Aubuchon 4 years, 5 months ago

I've been saying that for years, myself. It could be either a meeting space and/or computer building and/or a children's library. It would relieve some of the overcrowding, re-use a historic building, and save some money, I suspect.

Tammy Copp-Barta 4 years, 5 months ago

Let's move it to the empty Tanger Mall!! HAHAHHAHA PLENTY of room and parking TOO!!!

50YearResident 4 years, 5 months ago

Too late now, but the city could have bought the entire mall for less than 10 million when it went belly up. I seem to remember it was sold for only about 7 to 8 million. That would have been a good investment and saved an 18 million expense now.. They could have used it for offices for the city, the school board and many other uses.

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 5 months ago

just vote No 50-year-resident. You have complained about the library proposals for years. You continue to be little more than a fountain of whining. You will be in the 30 percent with your other buddies here.

50YearResident 4 years, 5 months ago

The chalenge is on to see which one of us will be in the 30%, I think it is Boston_Corbett and not me. Librarys are as obsolete as the post office because of the internet.

angelina 4 years, 5 months ago

@50YearResident

I am a 10 year permanent tax paying resident and will be voting yes. In a recession, I see this actually as a stimulus for the economy: providing jobs, bringing people to downtown businesses, and ultimately providing educational services to the entire community that are even more crucial in our 'information age'.

@ anyone who thinks libraries are obsolete or underutilized: Get on Google (or ask a librarian!) for some elementary research on this topic.

50YearResident 4 years, 5 months ago

"Use is skyrocketing, particularly computer use, job hunting resources, and children and young adult services. On the broader scale, lots of change is happening for libraries of all types. What you'll see (if you look) is that it's actually your traditional view of the library that is becoming obsolete."

Will there be any books? Are librarys becomming computer access places and day care facilities?

gatekeeper 4 years, 5 months ago

You hit the nail on the head! I get on google. I look up free books I can read online. Do it a lot on lunch breaks. Rarely buy books anymore and never use the library. See, that fancy google technology stuff she speaks of is what's made the library a thing of the past. I figured up that every person in Lawrence could be given a Kindle for the cost of this expansion. Just give everyone a Kindle and they can download all the books, magazines, etc... they want. Problem solved.

jafs 4 years, 5 months ago

Some of us think that fixing the roads would be a better improvement for the community.

Or making sure that schools are sufficiently funded.

Etc.

angelalovesart 4 years, 5 months ago

There was 1.3 million items checked out at the library last year, obviously many, many in the community are using the library. I do see bums there, but never have been bothered by one. I will vote YES!

Richard Heckler 4 years, 5 months ago

Yes the city should always maintain its existing resources such as streets,sidewalks and the wonderful resource known as the public library. Let’s allow the taxpayers to decide.

Yes is my vote.

However I would like to introduce a fiscally responsible taxpayer friendly proposal. Options the city can live with that include no increase in taxes. Hats off to this concept.

The one cent sales tax that was approved in 1995 can generate up to $14,036,301 as of 2009. Obviously more in better years

The city portion of the county 1% sales tax can generate up $8,609,331 as of 2009 obviously more in better years.

The two together = $22,645,672 again obviously more in better years. So I say let’s use a portion of this to finance our library reconstruction. Let’s use the number 10% of this tax dollar revenue annually.

Choice: A. City/County tax revenue combined 10% annually = 2,264,567. 20 for 10 years = project paid off with existing sales tax revenue

B.City sales tax only 10% annually of city tax revenue only = $1,403,630.10 for 15 years with existing sales tax revenue

OR C. personal property tax increase ….. my last but least desirable choice.

Let the voters decide. The tax dollars after all belong to we the tax paying citizen. City Hall would need to adjust it's spending accordingly with regard to future park and rec projects. I think taxpayers could live with that.

It's up to the citizens to persuade our city government to make these choices available on the ballot.

jafs 4 years, 5 months ago

I might vote yes if the money used is from current tax revenue and doesn't include an increase.

Otherwise I'll vote no.

tomatogrower 4 years, 5 months ago

I predict this will pass, because so many regulars on this forum are against it. Kind of like the T vote. The people here to not reflect the real Lawrence, thankfully.

Richard Heckler 4 years, 5 months ago

The design in the picture is not the final product.

However the above design allows for plenty of daylight hopefully will equal some energy savings.

gccs14r 4 years, 5 months ago

I voted for the T and for the street maintenance funding, but I think we can wait a few years before spending $18 million on the library. We need to get our schools and streets back in order first. Waiting until the economy turns upward would be better, too. I'll be voting no.

jafs 4 years, 5 months ago

I also voted for the "T" and street funding - so far the only change I've noticed is that we will no longer be able to use the bus for my wife to get to/from work because of a change in the routes.

Hardly an improvement for us - this would have been the first time we'd be able to use the bus system at all, and now it's over.

Most people don't have an extra 40 minutes or so that they'd like to tack on to their trips to/from work in order to use the bus.

Richard Heckler 4 years, 5 months ago

It would be best to pay for the project with existing sales tax sources.

The city built the library therefore it should be properly maintained and expanded on site again with existing sources of revenue.

I know Parks and Rec has some quite expensive projects going such as the multi million dollar Clinton Lake Regional Park. I cannot find when spending will stop on this project. However it can slow down a bit.

No doubt the $25 million dollar further addition to PLAY is on the table aka as the Field House but that is not necessary.

If the city could find a way to stop adding new infrastructure for awhile this project likely could be paid for with existing resources.

Jason Arnett 4 years, 5 months ago

Libraries don't need to be obsolete.

After a long period of not going to the library, I've been visiting at least once a month over the last ten years and I've seen a lot of little improvements that have been slowly bringing more and more people back. The collections have improved significantly and there is literally something for everyone at the public library. If you choose not to go, that doesn't mean it's over for everyone else.

I'm hesitant to vote yes, but voting no seems like a bad idea. I don't like how it would be paid for, but the library has not changed much in 30 years. The expansion is a good idea though how to pay for it really needs to be worked out better. I would like my library to improve and be something the city can be proud of.

If more people utilized the library and its services or attended the programming that's regularly offered, there wouldn't be room for the homeless. It seems useless to complain about something that one could easily do something about. For those that haven't been in a while, go down there and see what you can find and see what it could be with a little money. If you love books or music or movies or art or science or math or TV the library is a good place to explore. It's not as comprehensive as it could be, or even should be in some cases, but it's a place to start. If you use the library regularly, give something back like old books that could be sold on the library's behalf to raise funds or even a small donation.

More users means more interests to serve. If the library doesn't give you what you want, let them know. The staff there have always been helpful when I am respectful in asking questions.

I don't work for the city or the library, this is only my two cents for what it's worth.

CreatureComforts 4 years, 5 months ago

How un-American of you to live within your means! You must be a Russian spy...

irvan moore 4 years, 5 months ago

I think there is a secret plan for a new mega pool complex and this way they will have the parking in place. It's not a library parking lot, it's a city parking lot, why should it be paid for with library tax money? I'm for improving the library but would like to see a realistic plan that takes budget considerations into the decision.