This year’s Dole Institute of Politics 2010 Presidential Lecture Series will take an exclusive look at Sen. Bob Dole’s legacy of leadership.
All events are free and open to the public at the Dole Institute, 2350 Petefish Drive, on Kansas University’s West Campus. The events are:
• “Writing the Life of a Leader,” 7:30 p.m. Feb. 9, featuring Dole biographer Jake Thompson.
• “Legislation that Changed America,” 7:30 p.m. Feb. 16, a conversation with three former Dole staffers: Sheila Burke, Rod DeArment and Walt Riker.
• “The World’s Greatest Deliberative Body?” 7:30 p.m. March 2, featuring former Senate historian Richard A. Baker.
• “Conversation with a Colleague,” 6 p.m. March 10, featuring former Sen. Jack Danforth, a Missouri Republican who served from 1976-1995.
• “Changing the Slow Institution,” March 25-26, a conference featuring some of the nation’s leading scholars on the Senate, co-sponsored by KU’s political science department. The time will be announced later.